Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 341 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am creating this thread only for those interested in the new Factory Reproduction Demon replica wheels and to show how they look on the Challenger.
I fully understand if you do not like or care for these wheels, but please do not leave negative comments as this thread was not created for that purpose.

I purchased (2) 20x10.5 (22mm) & (2) 20x9.5 (15mm) Factory Reproduction Demon replica wheels (style 73 satin black).
I will be running 275/40/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires in the front and 305/35/20 NT555R drag radials on

After I placed the order I was contacted by sales and they explained to me that there is a slight problem with the front 20x9.5" Demon Replica wheels.
The spoke of the 20x9.5" wheels will slightly rub the 6 piston Brembo brakes on the SRT's and Hellcats, so in order to run them, you will have to use a min. 3mm spacer.
Factory Reproduction just discovered the problem and they were letting everyone know this issue.
FR said they have contacted the fabricator and will hopefully have this issue resolved on the next batch.
I went ahead and told them to process the order as I am ok with running a 3mm spacer.

Here are the actual weights of the wheels I took after I received them:
20x9.5 front wheels weighed in at 28.8 lbs.
20x10.5 rear wheels weighed in at 30.6 lbs.
I weighed them several times in different positions/locations so these should be accurate weights.

Just received and unboxed:

Test fitting:

Tires mounted on wheels:

Mounted on Challenger:

Quick video:

·
Premium Member
9,660 Posts
Those look perfect on your car. Your car looks far better than a Demon ever will.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am definitely considering these for my Challenger. Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
775 Posts
Booky...What size lug nuts did you use?...

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Booky...What size lug nuts did you use?...
They sent me Coyote lug nuts (741148BLK) - 14mm x 1.50 acorn with (4) locking lug nuts.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They look great, thanks for posting pics and weighing them.
Those look perfect on your car. Your car looks far better than a Demon ever will.
Thanks.

I did not know if I would like the 5 spoke Demon style wheels, but I think they add more of a retro look than the Hellcat style wheels, which I was looking for.

Now the only problem is 3 of the 4 new TPMS I had installed will not sync up. The front drivers side works fine.
I tried letting out a lot of air then airing them back up, to try and trigger the TPMS, but that has not worked.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
775 Posts
You couldn't have used the existing TPMS units?...

PS...I do like the wheels!...

·
Registered
330 Posts
BadAss!!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You couldn't have used the existing TPMS units?...

PS...I do like the wheels!...

I kept my original OEM wheels and tires (with OEM TPMS) and put them in storage.

If I decide to sell the car, or I decide I'm tired of the Demon replicas, I can just slap the OEM wheels/tires back on the Hellcat.

Reactions: Dodgefan09

·
Premium Member
9,660 Posts
The picture up on the jack, why does it look like the rocker is missing a section? Something tells me it’s not damaged but something with the angle.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The picture up on the jack, why does it look like the rocker is missing a section? Something tells me it’s not damaged but something with the angle.
Are you referring to the rocker section closest to the front wheel well?

If so, I have the Mopar splash guards and part of the rocker panel is obscured by the splash guard.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Aren't these cast?

Yes, they are cast wheels.

I know some people really dislike cast wheels, but I personally have no problem with them.
I have run them on my '03 Cobra, my Shelby GT500 and I have been running a set (20x10.5 Factory Reproduction Hellcat replicas) on the rear of my Hellcat.
I like to run wider wheels on the rear, and I am not willing to pay $$$ for custom forged wheels.

Altogether, I have probably put 70K+ miles on cast wheels on my high hp cars, running performance tires or drag radials, and never had a problem.
And sometimes I can be pretty hard on them. :naughty:

Reactions: bad13

·
Registered
588 Posts
This is exactly what I was hoping to see before next spring. I was very hesitant about these but now that you posted these pics and video, I've changed my mind. I really like these and since I have a bright white Challenger, now I know how they will look.

Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is exactly what I was hoping to see before next spring. I was very hesitant about these but now that you posted these pics and video, I've changed my mind. I really like these and since I have a bright white Challenger, now I know how they will look.

Thanks for the post!

Your welcome.

I would suggest if you do plan on buying a set of wheels, call Factory Reproductions and verify when they are going to get the new batch of 20x9.5" replica wheels (style 73) and if they still required the 3mm spacer or not.

Good luck.

Reactions: Ohgeez

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Yes, they are cast wheels.

I know some people really dislike cast wheels, but I personally have no problem with them.
I have run them on my '03 Cobra, my Shelby GT500 and I have been running a set (20x10.5 Factory Reproduction Hellcat replicas) on the rear of my Hellcat.
I like to run wider wheels on the rear, and I am not willing to pay $$$ for custom forged wheels.

Altogether, I have probably put 70K+ miles on cast wheels on my high hp cars, running performance tires or drag radials, and never had a problem.
And sometimes I can be pretty hard on them. :naughty:

I'd rather stick to OEM, I don't know how anyone trusts cast wheels on anything with over 200hp, much less 700+.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can anyone tell me if larger wheels and tires like these would pose an increased wear or possible damage to the 2018 SXT? I have 20’s on now and love the look of these wheels and tires.

1 - 20 of 341 Posts