Dodge Challenger Forum banner

281 - 300 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,558 Posts
Well add me to the list of Factory Repo Demon owners. To wrap up, this is my setup:

2015 challenger RT (non-STP)
Front wheel - 20"x9.5"-12mm
Front tires - 275/40-20 Nitto 555 (no rubbing and about 3/8" clearance between tire and steering knuckle)
Rear wheel - 20"x10.5"-22mm
Rear tires - 315/35-20 Nitto 555 (only slightly rubs liner rib that is in front of the tire when car is raised and spring is completely uncompressed)
Center caps - OEM "Dodge" that came with the Classic II wheels. FR provides plain ones but I tossed them on the OEM wheels.
Gorilla chrome lug nuts 96643DX (used on my OEM wheels and I bought them from Speedlogix -- it was a different part number)
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS TPM137 (Aluminum stem, 433 MHz, no programming needed and bought from Rock Auto for $40)
Spacers -- none front or back

Wheels were installed and balanced on a Hunter Force Elite by Discount Tire (I wanted Continetal Extremes but they were on back order and no ETA available, the Nittos were in stock and on site). I brought the wheels to DT and within 20 minutes I was out the door. With wheels, tires, tax, shipping install total cost was just over $2000.

I just swapped out the wheels and DAM!!! this is how the car should have come from the factory. Drove it around for about 10 miles on bumpy roads, parking lot with speed bumps, and railroad tracks and not a lick of rubbing. Roads were wet and tires still spun but required more throttle to do so. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I will post some pics. As for the TPM sensors, they updated after a couple of miles. I am one happy camper!!!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Well add me to the list of Factory Repo Demon owners. To wrap up, this is my setup:

2015 challenger RT (non-STP)
Front wheel - 20"x9.5"-12mm
Front tires - 275/40-20 Nitto 555 (no rubbing and about 3/8" clearance between tire and steering knuckle)
Rear wheel - 20"x10.5"-22mm
Rear tires - 315/35-20 Nitto 555 (only slightly rubs liner rib that is in front of the tire when car is raised and spring is completely uncompressed)
Center caps - OEM "Dodge" that came with the Classic II wheels. FR provides plain ones but I tossed them on the OEM wheels.
Gorilla chrome lug nuts 96643DX (used on my OEM wheels and I bought them from Speedlogix -- it was a different part number)
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS TPM137 (Aluminum stem, 433 MHz, no programming needed and bought from Rock Auto for $40)
Spacers -- none front or back

Wheels were installed and balanced on a Hunter Force Elite by Discount Tire (I wanted Continetal Extremes but they were on back order and no ETA available, the Nittos were in stock and on sight). I brought the wheels to DT and within 20 minutes I was out the door. With wheels, tires, tax, shipping install total cost was just over $2000.

I just swapped out the wheels and DAM!!! this is how the car should have come from the factory. Drove it around for about 10 miles on bumpy roads, parking lot with speed bumps, and railroad tracks and not a lick of rubbing. Roads were wet and tires still spun but required more throttle to do so. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I will post some pics. As for the TPM sensors, they updated after a couple of miles. I am one happy camper!!!

We need pictures!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,558 Posts
I will try to take some shots of it tomorrow. Here is a quick shot with my phone but it's in the garage and bad lighting. All I can say is from the back the 315s look massive...looks way better in person. To me the car looks more like a Hot Wheels Muscle Car.

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
I will try to take some shots of it tomorrow. Here is a quick shot with my phone but it's in the garage and bad lighting. All I can say is from the back the 315s look massive...looks way better in person. To me the car looks more like a Hot Wheels Muscle Car.
Those look Sharp. In for more pics.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Chrome wheels goes really well with the rest of your car.

I wanted to go chrome too, but I figured it would have contrasted too much with my dark paint.

I need to find a black gas cap.

Looking forward to more!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
LOVE the chrome wheels - looks fantastic!!

Everyone is into black wheels these days, but I've never been a fan. Will be putting 18" 5-spoke wheels on my 2018 GT along with chrome wheel skins on Friday - can't wait. :) The stock GT wheels aren't black and aren't silver - they're kind of greyish - and the deisgn kind of sucks, IMO. Can't wait to get back to a 5-spoke chrome wheel on my white Challenger - especially after seeing pictures of those chrome wheels on your white challenger!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Chrome wheels goes really well with the rest of your car.

I wanted to go chrome too, but I figured it would have contrasted too much with my dark paint.

I need to find a black gas cap.

Looking forward to more!
Personally, I think chrome wheels look even better with dark paint! Nothing like "black and chrome"...

It's funny, I have a black gas cap and may be looking to go to a chrome cap assuming my new chorme wheels look as I expect them to... Maybe we can swap somehow... :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
Test fitting 20x10.5's on the front:

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Personally, I think chrome wheels look even better with dark paint! Nothing like "black and chrome"...

It's funny, I have a black gas cap and may be looking to go to a chrome cap assuming my new chorme wheels look as I expect them to... Maybe we can swap somehow... :)
Whereabouts are you, I'd be interested.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm in PA. I see that you are in TX... I mean we could ship, but we'd have to go a few days without the gas cap door. :) I guess that's not really the end of the world though. We could use USPS Priority Mail so that it only takes like 2 days for shipping.

Let me make sure my new wheels look good (will know tomorrow for sure) and then we can talk further. I just figured that since I was thinking about getting a chome door anyway and you were looking for a black door, it kind of made sense to just trade. :)

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,558 Posts
Test fitting 20x10.5's on the front:

What size tires you plan on running up front? I know the wheels will fit with the correct offset (backspack should be identical to 20x9.5x12mm otherwise might rub the steering knuckle...at least on an RT..not sure about SP and SRT).

·
Registered
324 Posts
We do need a pic from the rear, those 315's stuff in there real nice!
Those tires hook up really well for me.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,558 Posts
We do need a pic from the rear, those 315's stuff in there real nice!
Those tires hook up really well for me.
I brought the car (and my Nikon camera) to work today but it is still raining. :SM002:

Well it looks like severe thunderstorms are heading my way...going to take the car back home at lunch. One of the benefits of living 5 miles from work. :grin2:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
What size tires you plan on running up front? I know the wheels will fit with the correct offset (backspack should be identical to 20x9.5x12mm otherwise might rub the steering knuckle...at least on an RT..not sure about SP and SRT).
I am going with stock size tires in the front (275/40/20),

The 20x10.5's have a 20mm offset, so it is very Tight.

I do have some 5mm spacers in case the tires rub.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 275/40/20 tire mounted on 20x10.5" ET20 Niche Altair M192 wheel:

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,558 Posts
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 275/40/20 tire mounted on 20x10.5" ET20 Niche Altair M192 wheel:
Looks like the side wall is flush with the wheel which helps. I don't see how a 20"x10.5"-20mm wheel would fit on an RT without spacers (there's only 5/8" gap between a 20"x9.5"-12mm wheel and steering knuckle)? The SP and SRT must have more distance between the hub face and steering knuckle.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,558 Posts
The one I took was blurry. Will post tomorrow, just finished hand washing in 40FFFF weatherrrr....hhhannnddsss kkknnuummbbb.

281 - 300 of 336 Posts