Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new here completely from another continent, I wanted to join you because I am a big fan of Dodg and all MUSCLE cars. I intend to buy one of the Challenger models one day ago, but before that happens I have to learn a lot because our European motor is completely different. I am now the owner of the old Mercedes Benz which I restored for 2 years and I plan to put in a garage outside the classic car of one muscle car. I hope that you will forgive my English language and let me enjoy the knowledge of the car that I so much wished have ... Thank you for being able to be with you, it's a great deal so many differences can connect us passion, Best wishes ...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,996 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,168 Posts
Hello, I am new here completely from another continent, I wanted to join you because I am a big fan of Dodg and all MUSCLE cars. I intend to buy one of the Challenger models one day ago, but before that happens I have to learn a lot because our European motor is completely different. I am now the owner of the old Mercedes Benz which I restored for 2 years and I plan to put in a garage outside the classic car of one muscle car. I hope that you will forgive my English language and let me enjoy the knowledge of the car that I so much wished have ... Thank you for being able to be with you, it's a great deal so many differences can connect us passion, Best wishes ...
Welcome to the forum!

I don't know if you are the only member we have from Poland, but you are the only one I know about. Hopefully the pressure of representing all of Poland here on ChallengerTalk is not too much for you :wink3:

So how common are the Dodge Challenger and Chargers there in Poland? Do you see many driving around?

I would imagine people in European countries do not like such large cars and would not want to drive one, but that is probably outdated thinking on my part.

And do not worry about your English, it is good enough to make your point, and that is all that matters. I have seen posts on ChallengerTalk which were written by people who were born and raised here, and yet I could not figure out what they were trying to say. :dunno:

Good luck with the hunt for a Challenger, and be sure to take lots of pictures and post them up when you finally get one!

Nuke

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi .
Thank you for the warm welcome and permission to welcome me into your community
I will try to answer all your questions :)
I have been browsing your forum for a long time, I always laughed that I was the only "international" viewer :)
I do not feel pressure to represent my country, I do not think about it in this category I'm just an ordinary person with a great passion who only wants some knowledge :)
In Poland, the Challenger is not known, there are very few of these models on the roads, generally you do not see here musclecar :(
To enjoy the view of your wonderful car, I have to go to a car show from time to time. For example, SUMMER CARS PARTY in Katowice :)
It's not like we do not like American cars, just our society is steeped in VW Mercedes Audi skoda etc ... They do not know your motorization too much. They are obviously people who love American cars but it is rather a small group.
The reason for the absence of the Challenger is the price that you need to pay for this car in Poland, In my country for a new model R / T 6.4 from the dealer, you have to pay about 365000 PLN (100000 $)
At this price in Europe, we already have the opportunity to buy a car such as Porsche ... People are mundane and prefer something tested and than to get a car buying by following your heart.
It is also unprofitable to bring a new car from you from the country because it is 18% tax and 23% tax on marine costs and legalization, and offices are reluctant to register such cars
That's why we have so few of these cars.Let me be honest that I am collecting cash for this car from 2016 and I am very determined to buy it. It does not happen sooner than in 5 years but it does not bother me, thanks to that I have time to learn about this car as much as possible. I really like the retro style that this car presents, besides his heart HEMI makes me shiver :) I fell in love with this car over 2 years ago and with every next thread I read about this car I am convinced that I will become its owner. Sometimes I am overwhelmed by the thought that I may fail, but fortunately my wife and children support me :)
Once, my 7 year old son gave me his piggy bank and told me "take my money for your Challenger because I want your dream to come true"
I am very lucky that I have health and a job and a goal to which I can aspire, no matter how distant it is important I go forward and have relatives who understand and support me and this is very important to me because without it it was very difficult for me :)
I am sorry if someone offended my entry, maybe I should not write about private feelings, but it's great to share my feelings with someone who understands the passion for these cars.
And so on the other side of the world I am alive, I am sorry to write this, but personally I am already bored with 1.0 ecoboost twin turbo engines and new cars without soul and character.
I work in a company that designs and manufactures auto parts and I assure you that the direction we follow scares me.
But then I remember that there is still DODGE CHALLENGER,
Best regards for everyone:)
Ps: I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself :)
I'm Wojciech, the biggest Challenger fan in Europe :)

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome from Chicago! Glad to have you aboard. My Parish Pastor AND his assistant are from Poland. My Wife adopted them both. America owes Poland a big thanks! BTW: they have both driven my Scat Pack.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :) You will find a wealth of lnowledgeon this forum.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello to you too, the enormity of information sometimes even overwhelms me, this is something wonderful, we do not really have a Dodge forum in Poland, I'm sure I'll find out everything I need to buy my dream car and more :) Btw. I made a mistake in the description The new model Challenger SRT costs in Poland about 100,000 $ not R / T. I'm sorry for the mistake.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,168 Posts
Hello to you too, the enormity of information sometimes even overwhelms me, this is something wonderful, we do not really have a Dodge forum in Poland, I'm sure I'll find out everything I need to buy my dream car and more :) Btw. I made a mistake in the description The new model Challenger SRT costs in Poland about 100,000 $ not R / T. I'm sorry for the mistake.
That's okay, everyone makes mistakes. However, we only allow 3 mistakes per year on ChallengerTalk.

Please be careful. If you make 2 more mistakes in the next year, you cannot have a Challenger! :wink3:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Anyway, be very aware of the loud pedal. You can rear end the car in front all too easy, and whoa / brake pedal, is so powerful the car behind you cannot stop as fast as you can. So you can get have a front and back crash just from mashing the pedals. Be ready for it, before you get there.

Oh; and the steering is tight, as in race car tight. Gentle is best.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ran many sports cars with rear drive, but unfortunately I never Challenger, I do not even have anyone who has such a car, so I will have to learn it from scratch :) it will be an interesting experience :)

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I ran many sports cars with rear drive, but unfortunately I never Challenger, I do not even have anyone who has such a car, so I will have to learn it from scratch :) it will be an interesting experience :)
You are going to stick out like a sore thumb. Very popular. I am very excited for you. Best of luck!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for your support, I have to boast that I managed to get along with a guy who has a Challenger and brings people to the wedding. After a long conversation, he agreed to take me his 6.4 SRT. This will happen next week:) I'm not looking forward to :) I'm excited like a child :)

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Thank you for your support, I have to boast that I managed to get along with a guy who has a Challenger and brings people to the wedding. After a long conversation, he agreed to take me his 6.4 SRT. This will happen next week:) I'm not looking forward to :) I'm excited like a child :)

Now that is a friend with a benefit. You better find somewhere you can let that thing rip! It will.

Weddings huh?...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts