Administrator
3,747 Posts
Thread moved to vendor forum.

Bernie

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flares are cast, not ABS plastic. Not the cheap bolt on flares like one buys for their 4x4 truck or jeep. They are CAD designed to fit your factory bolt holes so, NO Body modes are needed. Have shopped the market, these are the cheapest on the market. If you dispute this, PLEASE tell me the competitor site to go buy something like it. You may not be able to afford them but it does not make the price insane or too high.

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
Sorry, but that price is insane.
I dont think people realized the cost of making a mold or developing new products, I would bet 4 molds at 7500/8000 each, and thats before you make one part, best of all does not include the original prototype......

Luke

ps our new spoiler, we have nearly 2k in development alone, not including the jig to mass produced,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dead on. 75k plus in developement costs Printed prototypes 900 per flare per print ect ect ect

Cast not injected. find lots of experts who cant buy anything like this, and dont know why, but know its too expensive. If they would just put too expensive for me, not in general. I might take it better. LOL

Obvious I would like everyone to have these, and if they could have been made for 200 dollars, I would have. Then sold them for 600 and off to the races I would go. Then I would still have people telling me its too expensive.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CAD designer time 100 per hour, Prototype printing 900 per print, over 30 prints, minimum production contract requirements for casting and the molds must be paid for to do it. , packaging development, Video production. ect ect ect ect That enough? Out of pocket, none of my time accounted for.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
CAD designer time 100 per hour, Prototype printing 900 per print, over 30 prints, minimum production contract requirements for casting and the molds must be paid for to do it. , packaging development, Video production. ect ect ect ect That enough? Out of pocket, none of my time accounted for.
Sure. Seems like a lot invested for something so niche, so I hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
by production end almost 1 million Challengers will be on the road. Total life time production. I think the market is there, guess I will find out.

·
Registered
194 Posts
by production end almost 1 million Challengers will be on the road. Total life time production. I think the market is there, guess I will find out.
A decent pic of them installed on a vehicle could help sales.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe the volume will come, because of the amount of the cars that have been made and FCA helped by producing the Demon and offering their less than attractive flares in the parts department. Please see www.phillips performance.com and Instagram Also hellcat.org has some forum members pics who have recently bought and installed. thanks for the advice. More Many more pics and videos are in the make.

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
I believe the volume will come, because of the amount of the cars that have been made and FCA helped by producing the Demon and offering their less than attractive flares in the parts department. Please see www.phillips performance.com and Instagram Also hellcat.org has some forum members pics who have recently bought and installed. thanks for the advice. More Many more pics and videos are in the make.
flares from FCA are basically not available, let me rephrase that, some pieces are available and some are restricted, and the problem is will look a little stupid without all the pieces, and some of pieces are restricted from being purchased or sold unless you own a wide or Demon
Luke

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I can't find you on Instagram.

I suggest maybe making set in a contrasting color. Like red flares on a black car, or black flares on a lighter colored car.

Right now your product is too subtle for the price you're asking, which results in the knee-jerk reaction you saw both here and the hellcat forum. A little contrast might help it stand out.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts