Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm close to becoming an owner of a new 2011 Challenger RT. Before I make my decision--it's either the Challenger or 2011 Subaru WRX--I was hoping some of you Challenger guys could address my only concern: reliability.

Chrysler/Dodge has not had the greatest reliability in recent years, especially the Challenger, according to multiple outlets. Just wanted to see if you guys have had problems with your car and what they were. Basically, do you guys see this as a durable car I can get 100,000 miles out of without major issues?

Thanks for the help. Can't get the Challenger off my mind.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
WTF!! Go buy the Challenger!

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
My wife just bought a Subaru and its a nice all season car buts let set it straight right here, You will get better gas milage from the challenger RT, Better ride, and a 100 more horse power, Better Warrenty. and chick magenet to boot!

I have to admit I looked at buying one also, I can get subaru's at dealer cost, but after driving my wifes Subaru I changed my mind The road noise is pronounced and heater fan blower is so loud that that you cant have a conversation with the fan on high! Also the car is rock magnet, the cars air stream sends the road pebbles and sand directly into the windshield, She cracked and chipped her windshield the first week she had it. For driving in the winter weather in Alaska its great and hard to beat.
I did test drive the challenger RT in Chicago and up hear in Alaska and you cant get rid of that shitty smile off your face when your driving it! I am ordered my Challenger and am waiting for her to be built. I hope this helps. AK907

The Icon of true power is the Challenger:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AK907,

You can get WRX's at dealer cost? From my shopping they sell for a little below MSRP since they're made in limited quantity.

You're not at all concerned with the Challenger's reliability though? A Warranty is great, but after the bumper to bumper expires there's a lot that isn't covered.

Thanks for the insight. Congrats on the new Challenger!

·
Super Moderator
15,969 Posts
Mechanically, the RWD Chrysler models are very reliable. I've had my '09 R/T for 2.5 years and its been the most trouble free American make I've ever had in 25+ years of buying new US brands...I had given up by the early 90s on expecting good results, but Chrysler has done very well by these LX / LC cars.

The WRX is a noisy car - my brother had the last year of the previous body style WRX STi and the tire / road noise was so bad you couldn't use the hands-free cell phone.
It would be fine for quick blasts, but not civilized for day to day driving or long trips. Its a boy racer car, but that's about it - the novelty wears off quickly, not to mention the short tire life the WRX models have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got mine last week and the ride quality and noise is night and day to the 2010 mitsu lancer I traded in.

You will not be unhappy with the challenger and I found the 7 year warranty for $1600

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
CombatRat, Welcome aboard! :) You will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have owned a few Subarus still have 2. AWD is nice when you need it, my son is a big fan of the wrx but the Challenger is a whole different animal. If you take care of it you should get good reliability from either car. Some people prefer a small quick car, I prefer the power looks and interior room of the Challenger. Hope this helps.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

as you have heard the cars are very reliable and the fun factor is off the hook and you get great looks also...:guiness:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts