Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

New guy from Alabama here. Traded my 2008 JKU Jeep for a 2010 SE challenger back in February. Because of school/work I’ve been a little slow getting started on modding the challenger but the semesters over in a week and I’m ready to get started. If I can track down a dual cutout facia I think I’ll start with duals and a CAI. What are the must do upgrades on an early model challenger?

Glad I found the forum, looking forward to contributing.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,961 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
744 Posts
I bought the rectangular tips I wanted when I had my 2010 SE and cut out the fascia the shape of the tips with a 1/4 inch clearance all the way around.Once you do this on the side that has the single exhaust mark the center of the fascia with some painters tape and mark the exact center point.Measure from the center point to the inside edge of the cutout you made.Measure that exact difference from the center to the other side and that is where the inside edge of your cutout on the other side will be.Make a cardboard pattern of the first cutout so you can transfer it to the other side.Prior to cutting I covered the areas I was going to cut with painters tape so I could draw the cutouts on with Sharpees.The fascia cuts pretty easily with a hacksaw blade just hold onto the fascia and take your time.You can always cut more off but you can't put it back!If the edges are a little rough just smooth with a little sandpaper. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts