Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I just moved from Michigan to Towson, MD this past Monday for work and had to acquire a Challenger fast to make the trip and do the miles my new job is going to require.

I was looking for a black on black classic with the STP, but in my area, it was a tough find. Ended up getting a 2011 RT Plus in brilliant black with the red hood to fender stripe, STP, touch screen radio, and 6-speed. So far, I really love the car. Dealer was incorrect in putting 87 octane in it, so it felt like it had a bad fuel map at first. I figured it might simply be pulling timing, so after half a tank, I put 93 octane and have been all smiles since.

Any input you guys have as far as exhaust, simple mods, vendors, or local dealers would be great.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Sorry to hear you got sent to Baltimore... GO STEELERS LOL

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Welcome...Maryland speed is a good place to get stuff from. After they get one for the 11 controller a predator is needed for alot of mods.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured I would need a tuner at some point. I just want to be able to keep the factory warranty on the powertrain...its basically the reason I bought new.

I think im going to try to find some flat black side stripes for her, as well as a backup camera first. Parking it is a bit of a pain sometimes and I would rather avoid a costly mistake.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I got a lockpick so I could use my radio the way I wanted and added the camera as an after thought. The camera is more usefull than unlocking the nav is. Acording to Diablosport their tuner doesn't void your powertrain warranty. Just put the stock tune back in when takeing the car in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My sister lives in Towson and we visit her occasionally. Parking is a pain in the butt. My sister lives in a row house where they park by bumping the car in front and the one in back to see if you fit. She lives in the Rodgers Forge area. I would not want to live there, but I am a Missouri hillbilly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey, welcome to Balt.

I'm in Severna Park, have 09 B5 RT Classic. Neighbor just bought a red 2010 RT. Other Mopars buddies locally have similar. I'm mostly into my older Mopars but the RT is my daily driver.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My sister lives in Towson and we visit her occasionally. Parking is a pain in the butt. My sister lives in a row house where they park by bumping the car in front and the one in back to see if you fit. She lives in the Rodgers Forge area. I would not want to live there, but I am a Missouri hillbilly.
It seems like there are some fun areas, but I would also prefer a slightly less population dense area/state. Im from a mid size town in Michigan.

I rented an apartment in Towson that includes covered, secured parking in a lighted garage inside the building. I literally would not live in a row home because of the street parking bs. Also, I doubt I will park this one on the street much. That bump to park stuff doesn't do it for me.

Valet or garage parking might be more expensive, but at least your car isn't getting beat up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in Severna Park, have 09 B5 RT Classic. Neighbor just bought a red 2010 RT. Other Mopars buddies locally have similar. I'm mostly into my older Mopars but the RT is my daily driver.
I'd love to do a classic resto, but Im not at that point in my life yet. My new sales job has a territory of all of PA and MD, so I will likely be driving 25-35k miles per year. I could have gone with something more sensible I guess, but if I am in the car that much, I'd prefer to love what I'm driving.

·
Registered
558 Posts
you have some of the best driving roads (scenery, hills and winding roads) in the country 20 minutes to the north. I've been all over northern Balt. County to visit the trout streams. Go up York Road a bit and go east or west from there. You'll be in Cal Ripkin and horse country. Watch it, or you may just go airborne!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good deal. I can't wait to explore the area. I plan on touring a lot of the east coast this summer to see all the history and older towns.

Feel free to let me know about any great twisty roads. Im also a motorcyclist :bigthumb:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome to Crabtown (hence my screen name). I'm in Catonsville just southwest of the city. I've got a garage with a lift. Give me a holler you are welcome to use it. Just bring beer, the wife likes Natural Light. Same thing goes for anyone else in the area.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Welcome from another Marylander. We're currently in the Columbia area moving to New Windsor. Lots of nice driving roads just to your west once you get out of the city. Ocean City has a couple of cruise weekends during the summer to check out too.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Welcome to the area ShadowFox! I'm close by (kinda) in Severn MD.

Enjoy the car!

Hey vert! Do you or your buddies meet up to cruise or "show" your cars. Wednesday nights on Route 2 at a "pizza joint (3 Guys Pizza, maybe?)", many old and new school cars park and show their cars. I've been meaning to stop and look at the cars there. Do you guys go? (I'll get the name of the place the next time I go there.)

Again, welcome Shadowfox.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to Maryland.

I live down in Silver Spring. Not too many places to really unwind these cars in Montgomery or Prince George's County. Head across the Bay Bridge, though, and you're in for a treat. Routes 50 and 404 are heavily traveled by folks going to Ocean City and Delaware beaches and 50 is loaded with police (ask me how I know), but you can get lost on side roads in most any county.

·
Registered
448 Posts
ShadowFox,
Welcome from Athens Ga. Your in my old stomping ground (Towson, Timonium,
Westminster, Baltimore)...Congrats on your whip and make sure you eat some fried MARYLAND CRAB CAKES AND NATIONAL BEER...then you'll be accepted there.
....Seamaster...

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Shadow Fox, Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome to Crabtown (hence my screen name). I'm in Catonsville just southwest of the city. I've got a garage with a lift. Give me a holler you are welcome to use it. Just bring beer, the wife likes Natural Light. Same thing goes for anyone else in the area.
Thanks man. I might have to do that. I had all sorts of garage connections back in Kalamazoo, and here basically nada. I like to do my own work when possible, if not for learning that anything else.

If you other Marylanders ever do a cruise, let me know, I'm down

1 - 20 of 25 Posts