Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth even getting a tuner here in CA?
I've been lurking around 6-8 weeks, got the car Jan 12th. Installed Blastin' Bob's Reso delete, yanked the CDV, installed the 1-4 skip shift bypass, LED fog lamps and updated the MyGig software. Awesome wealth of information here, did everything myself. As far as emissions go around here, I'm wondering if a custom tune is even worth it? No 93 octane anywhere, and I'm not going to supercharge or cam it.
Thanks for any input from locals?

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Welcome from MN. I hated the smog rules in CA. I always had to take my Jeep to a referee because it had a CAI so failed the visual inspection. No idea what a tuner would do on there computer...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,064 Posts
Welcome from the Bay Area. Beautiful car! I think you can still get some increase from a 91 octane tune. I'm unsure if there would be any issue passing ODB smog test with a tune? You could always get a unlocked PCM, and tune that. Change back to stock PCM for smog test. Unless that would throw any CEL, you'd want to clear them before doing the test. Unlike the dealer/warranty issue, I don't think smog would even be able to tell you switched PCMs at any point. A Guy

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome. Awesome car!! Good luck with that over there!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts