Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gents,

I'm a 31 year old male from, you guessed it, Omaha. I drive a Subaru Legacy but am bored with the car. I have had V8 cars in the past, and seem to go to back.

Price matters to me, and I want to get a Challenger R/T Classic with the 6 speed and a sunroof. The 2011 car builder on Dodge's website has my built car at $35,200. Would I be able to negotiate a 2011 below $35k, maybe like $28,000 or $29,000?

Other question, would I get a better deal if I picked up one of the remaining 2010 R/T Classics? My requirements are the 20" wheels, STP, and a sunroof.

Thank you for your time, and I Hope to own one of these beautiful cars soon. :)

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Welcome to the forum. getting 7K off an 11 is a big deal. If you can find a 10 Classic with what your wanting you'll get a better deal. Around here 6 speeds just aren't on the lot but they'll do a dealer exchange and get you one. Good luck and keep us informed.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Go and test drive both cars. The 2011 has some suspension changes that make it handle better than the 2010.

You can get a better deal on the 2010. I don't think you will be able to talk 6 or 7 grand off a new year model, you can try though.

Best thing to do I think (if you can't find what you want in 2010 YM) is to get a base 2011 R/T 6-speed with the sunroof. Then later add the classic stripes and other bits to the car. That would bring down the price. (you can get in the below 30K mark)The other thing you can do is wait a few months for the 2012 to come out where they will put deep discounts on the 2011's.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

good luck on the STP very hard to find but your best bet for getting a deal will be on the 2010. Dodge isn't going to give away the 2011 this early in the year.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the warm welcomes, and good advise on these cars. I am going to call all my locals dealers and see if they have any 2010 Classics left. I guess I don't need the STP, but it would be nice for handling. I definitely want the Classic because the wheels are phenomenal. Other requirement is a sunroof. I will keep you all updated and let you know what 2010s I can find.

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought my car at Baxter in Omaha. I dealt with Josh in their internet sales department. Negotiated the deal via email and over the phone. I was really pleased with the deal and the way I was treated.

Baxter shows 38 Challengers on their website.

Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealer Baxter Chrysler Jeep Dodge located in Omaha NE

I actually went there today and Brandon was the guy doing the internet sales for me. They gave me a reasonable deal on my old car, but I have not yet negotiated for the car. It's a black Classic R/T 6 speed with the STP. I would of gone for it but my wife is so hesitant. She thinks I am being SO irresponsible. I wish she knew how much a car like this means to me. :(

We'll see.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Better keep the wife happy. If my wife had shown any signs of resistance, I wouldn't have bought mine.

If you do get a Challenger, I think you'll feel like it was a thought out decision and not an impulse purchase.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOOOHOOO!! I guess that's the best way to describe how I feel. Very proud new owner of a 2010 Challenger R/T, with sunroof, classic package, and super track pack. Had to get the 6 speed pistol grip. I traded in my Subaru Legacy GT for this car. Big difference in so many ways. I am still getting used to how large this car is, I sit as high as SUVs. But, I don't mind, it will make for a good cruiser. :pimp: Here are a few pics:

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks man! Good to be here. What do I want to do first? I want to bring out the Hemi rumble more. I've heard people very happy with the Mopar catback, which I believe is made by Borla.

But, it took so much to convince my wife to get this car, she won't let me mod it for awhile. We'll see just how long that is. :smokin:

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
If you have a nav unit your wife will like a lockpick. See'll be able to use all the functions while you drive and if you put a camera on it there's no blind spots in the back. All mods don't have to be power makers and if you catch her in a weak moment she might let you get the exaust.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Congrats on the new car! I see that you bought it at Baxters.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats on the new car! I see that you bought it at Baxters.
Yes I did! I had an excellent overall experience there. Very honest and personable guys. They got me the exact car I wanted, too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts