Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm Cedric and I just bought a Dodge Challenger SRT8 - Hemi 392 - 2012 with 77000 miles.
This car is quite rare here as it is not imported officially in France. The car had to go throught individual approval to be allowed to run on french roads.
I will have probably to maintain it by myself as there is no Dodge Dealer here except if a Jeep/Chrysler/Fiat dealer wants to work on it and have all the diagnosis tools.

See you soon

Cedric
Paris - France

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
633 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your new Challenger. It will be interesting to hear your maintenance and driving experiences in France.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Congratulations on your SRT8! It’s a beautiful car! I’ll bet it gets lots of attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Definitely a head turner. Congratulations and Welcome from Texas!!:cheers:

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,218 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys !

There must be only few in Europe and most of people stay stunned to see one here (the only way to see one is to watch The Gran Tour or Top Gear ;-)
@K-Dawg yes, I am planning to drive it in Germany to its top speed, I have also tickets to drive on the Nürburgring (for a ride, not a race, this track needs many laps to be understood) @Rob446 : first impressions to drive a Challenger in France : roads are too small, very narrow especially in towns, I pray all the time for the 20 inches wheels...

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I drive the Nuburgring on my X-Box "Project Gotham" all the time. I'd give my left testicle to take my Challenger on that track.

First time I was on the Autobahn was in a rented Peugot. Stick shift felt like mashed potatoes and I couldn't go 120 KPH unless it was downhill, with a tail-wind. Later got to drive it in a Benz C-class, but still never got over 230.

Take video of your Challenger on the Autobahn, and post it please. We can all live vicariously through your fun times.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Welcome! I have a hard time picturing Paris as a good place to drive a monster of a car like that, with the tight streets and all. But I bet it gets some looks. Enjoy your ride!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,821 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Hello and welcome. Very nice ride! I spent a few weeks in France back in October. Most of it was in Lyon, but several days in Paris. Some of those streets I wouldn't even try to drive down in that SRT8. The only Hemi powered vehicle I saw there was a Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi in Lyon. I did however see a sweet 60's Mustang that someone had made up to look like a Shelby GT350. That was in Paris. Enjoy the car.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,821 Posts
And Happy Birthday apparently :elephant:

A Guy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome to the forum, been to France a few times with my military job. Spent allot of time in Istress, France, watch out for those Gendarmerie.
Istres is in the South of France, not a bad place to be !
Gendarmerie (Military police) is very strict here about speeding (I was arrested last year, speeding at 110 with my Mercedes C-Class coupé, my driving licence was suspended for 2 months) and there are many cameras on the roads,
Speed limit on motorways is 80mph, which is not so bad but very slow for a Challenger...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts