Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really interested in pulling the trigger on a new Challenger purchase. I've been lurking on this forum for a while and doing some research...and I'm not quite sure what I want. Here are the three options I'm considering:

1) 2014 Challenger RT/Shaker with Scat Pack 2 or 3
- looks really cool and old school with the Shaker and performance (I assume) would approach that of SRT8; however, is the Shaker hood really that functional (or gimmicky) if a cold air box is also needed?

2) 2014 Challenger SRT8
-would likely add mopar cat back, mopar rear and front strut braces and lower springs (if available/compatible)
-any other performance or appearance enhancements you would recommend?

3) wait for the 2015 Challenger SRT8
-I assume better entertainment system (8.5" screen) and new gauges and factory rear camera for 2015
-hopefully some sort of 392 would be available as I wouldn't be interested in the SC Hell Cat (too much power for daily driver)

It's really difficult to make a decision because there isn't alot of public information on pricing and performance of the Scat Packs. Also, I assume the 2015 will be available in summer 2014? Seems very uncertain...I can wait that long but not much longer.

I've seen 275/45's on some Challenger rears....But I see a lot of people on this site recommend or use 275/40's...is there a big difference?

Any recommendation on dealers in Northern San Diego county or Irvine area?

Appreciate you advice and comments...

-Big Oil

·
Premium Member
10,176 Posts
All are good options.

2015 will be a new platform with more options. The 2014 R/T with the scat pack will be a cool package as there will be fewer of those on the road.

The 2014 SRT is a great car, but its the least "special" one of your three options. That doesn't mean it is not a great car...but you might want to wait and see the new 2015 SRT :)

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Welcome to CT :)

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,039 Posts
I'm really interested in pulling the trigger on a new Challenger purchase. I've been lurking on this forum for a while and doing some research...and I'm not quite sure what I want. Here are the three options I'm considering:

1) 2014 Challenger RT/Shaker with Scat Pack 2 or 3
- looks really cool and old school with the Shaker and performance (I assume) would approach that of SRT8; however, is the Shaker hood really that functional (or gimmicky) if a cold air box is also needed?

The Shaker is really functional on the new package.

2) 2014 Challenger SRT8
-would likely add mopar cat back, mopar rear and front strut braces and lower springs (if available/compatible)
-any other performance or appearance enhancements you would recommend?

3) wait for the 2015 Challenger SRT8
-I assume better entertainment system (8.5" screen) and new gauges and factory rear camera for 2015
-hopefully some sort of 392 would be available as I wouldn't be interested in the SC Hell Cat (too much power for daily driver)

It's really difficult to make a decision because there isn't alot of public information on pricing and performance of the Scat Packs. Also, I assume the 2015 will be available in summer 2014? Seems very uncertain...I can wait that long but not much longer.

I've seen 275/45's on some Challenger rears....But I see a lot of people on this site recommend or use 275/40's...is there a big difference?

Any recommendation on dealers in Northern San Diego county or Irvine area?

Appreciate you advice and comments...

-Big Oil
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Welcome to ChallengerTalk!
I completely agree with Speedlogix-Mikey!

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :) You will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts