Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new front tires installed in place of the Super F1's, I like the look but they don't "cover" the lip on the rim as much as the F1's did, but then again these weigh less as well, and seem to grip VERY good, not sure what pressure to run them at yet, but so far I like them! Great price too, 158$ vs the Super F1 which costs 300$ and doesn't last long or grip well at all,

·
Registered
264 Posts
Excellent choice as several others on the boards here are running these tires with positive feedback. However, some will contest that they grip better then the F1's. I for one think the f1's are overpriced junk and wish we had more tire choices for our 20" wheels.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Excellent choice as several others on the boards here are running these tires with positive feedback. However, some will contest that they grip better then the F1's. I for one think the f1's are overpriced junk and wish we had more tire choices for our 20" wheels.
Well, yeah I can agree that the Super F1's aren't that great, def not worth 300$ unless you live in California and are always around warm weather, but they sucked in wet conditions too, the fronts seemed to grip like crazy today when it was raining, I also see they make 285\305 Hankook V-12s...so I can put a much bigger one in the rear instead of a drag radial.

I just really hope DODGE did fix my alignment when I took it there, I'll be pissed if the same outer-edge wears starts happening on this tire.

I'm running the Super f1's on the rear with 33 psi, and the front hankooks with 38.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anybody look at the Pirelli P Zero? I am looking at the same sizes as the camaro,245/45/20 upfront and 275/40/20 in the rear.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Anybody look at the Pirelli P Zero? I am looking at the same sizes as the camaro,245/45/20 upfront and 275/40/20 in the rear.
I heard they were loud and not really worth the price (but that could have just been someone giving a random bad review)...I know the Hankooks compete with the Pilots which are 2.5x the price...I have to say these Hankooks handle hard turns better than the F1's no doubt, the issue is finding matching rears...I guess with the P-Zeros you can have matching tires, I can't find a proper Hankook V-12 as I want a "bigger" one for the rear. Kinda sucks as I'd love to have these on the rear :( Invo's seem to be what I'll have to get..

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I found this link to be useful: Tire Test: Nine Affordable Summer Tires Take On the Michelin PS2 - Comparison Tests - Auto Reviews - Car and Driver

The Hankook came in second and the Invos eigth in this review by Car and Driver.
Yeah...I know the Hankooks are awesome, I have them on the front and they are worlds better than the Super F1's which are 2x the price, but they simply don't make a bigger size than stock that would work well on the Challenger, NITTO makes pretty much everything and with a bigger size, the INVO will destroy the hankook as I'll have way more tread on the ground than I would with the stock size Hankook

I'm still not sure what size to go for...is 275\40\20 okay? How would that look compared to stock? I'm just not sure what's "ok" considering I just have 245\40\20 in the front...any help would be appreciated as I'm going to have to buy these babys soon, if 285\30\20 or 295\30\20 is fine as well I'd like to know...I can change rear tire size with the predator, just worried about messing up ABS etc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts