Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade my shop vac and get a wall mount unit with long hose.

This Vacu Maid GV50 has a 50 hose.

Most of the reviews say it has good suction, one review says barely worked??

So my question is, does anyone here have one of these models that can offer some feedback?

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
Basically it's a whole house central vacuum unit without all the plumbing. They accumulate debris on the screen inside and lose suction over time so just keep brushing that and all should be fine. As with anything if you maintain it all is good.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Yea, that's just a central vacuum unit and those things can be quite powerful and have huge collection bags that take up most of the unit. My central vac is like this and has the same fitting to attach a hose.

They are convenient in that it's one less thing on the floor but they take up a lot of room on the wall and dragging 50 feet of hose around isn't ideal because it can get caught on things. Also you can't suck up water, it's not a wet/dry unit and they are LOUD. One more thing, check to see if it uses a standard 110v plug, mine uses 110v but it's not single phase(?). Not sure of the terminology, sorry.

Although I have one, I don't use it in the garage. I have a wet/dry shop vac that I can take wherever I want like porch, driveway, etc. It works perfect and costs a lot less.

I vote no.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
One more thing, check to see if it uses a standard 110v plug, mine uses 110v but it's not single phase(?). Not sure of the terminology, sorry.
You might have a 20 amp 120 VAC plug if it has one vertical and one horizontal blade (and the ground). 110 (120) only comes in single phase in the US.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
i don't have one of them.. i did get a wall mount one from sears that is REMOTE CONTROLED from the handle.. comes with like 20 plus ft of hose.. hit the button on the wand and off you go.. it was 100 bucks.. detachable.. comes with all the typical fittings

Sears.com

just another option i guess if you are interested

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
You might have a 20 amp 120 VAC plug if it has one vertical and one horizontal blade (and the ground). 110 (120) only comes in single phase in the US.
Thanks for the schooling! That's what I meant.

Can you tell I know nothing about electricity? It's all voodoo to me. :eek2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts