Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, all. I just picked up a 2018 Challenger GT yesterday and I'm loving it!. I was looking for an all wheel drive but the only options were crossovers and 4 door sedans. I'm glad Dodge finally stepped up and came up with something for those of us that want a coupe with AWD. I traded in my 2003 supercharged Xterra. I liked everything about it except the gas mileage. It only got 15mpg at best. Not good for a 160 mile round trip to work and back. The fuel savings should cover almost half of the new car payment.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,875 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well, in that case, welcome from Thornton!

Now, it makes sense you drive 160 miles to work and back.

Yeah, there's nothing out here that pays as much as I make working in Denver.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Let's back up just a little. Your Exxtera (whatever) couldn't make a 160 mile trip on one tank or you had to refill everyday? Sorry that thought won't go away. OH, btw. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Octane!!!!! Love that color. It takes badging very well too. Nice job. Definite upgrade!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let's back up just a little. Your Exxtera (whatever) couldn't make a 160 mile trip on one tank or you had to refill everyday? Sorry that thought won't go away. OH, btw. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Octane!!!!! Love that color. It takes badging very well too. Nice job. Definite upgrade!
I could go a day and a half on the 19 gallon tank in the Xterra. It was kind of an impulse buy. I didn't research fuel mileage before I bought it. I just wanted something all wheel drive or a 4x4. It was a bit of an adjustment going from a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer that got 35mpg to the Xterra. I've gone about 275 miles on 1/2 tank of gas on the Challenger.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I could go a day and a half on the 19 gallon tank in the Xterra. It was kind of an impulse buy. I didn't research fuel mileage before I bought it. I just wanted something all wheel drive or a 4x4. It was a bit of an adjustment going from a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer that got 35mpg to the Xterra. I've gone about 275 miles on 1/2 tank of gas on the Challenger.

I get it. Fill up everyday. Ughhhhh. That is amazing about your GT!!!!

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I was all set to buy a Jeep Wrangler last fall because I wanted my next car to have 4WD or AWD. I was at the Dodge/Jeep dealer ship that I bought my Challenger Scat Pack Shaker from test driving a 2 door Wrangler when I found out that the Challenger GT would be AWD and would be start production in January of 2017. So I told the salesman that I would drive my DD Focus ST through one more winter and I would see him in the spring to order a GT. I now drive a Challenger year round with identical controls and options except for the sound systems as I wanted a spare tire in my DD the GT has the Alpine system and the Scat Pack has the Harmon. I have had the Scat Pack since March of 2016 and it has just turned over 5,000 miles. I got the GT in March 2017 and I have 7,846 miles already with only couple of glitches out of the 8.4 Uconnect screen that I hear is a problem with the new Panasonic units and a revised unit is now being used in new production and the earlier units that are acting up will be replaced with the new version. I plan to keep these Challengers for ever. I hope you like the Challenger GT as much as I do.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congrats from MA. Love the color. Got mine Feb of this year for DD and love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts