Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, names Evan. I have been in love with the Challenger since my uncle owned a 70's challenger. I finally have the funds to purchase a new vehicle, and the Challenger is top on my list. The only problem....

Reliability. After reading many articles from Consumer Reports, Motor Trend, and online websites, I found a reoccurring theme. Dodge vehicle are some of the most unreliable vehicles on the market. And when I start comparing it to my other possible choice. (The Toyota FJ Cruiser, Yes I am part of their forum too) I find myself worrying about my beloved Challenger becoming a money pit.

Is there any truth to this? I am looking into the 2011 Challenger Rallye, and I hope to get 150,000 miles out of it, before real problems start to occur (I.E Engine, Tranny, ect).

I was hoping the Challenger wizards on this forum would be able to help me.

To answer some questions you might have.

I don't drive like I am being chased by the devil.
I do keep up with regular oil changes.
I don't plan on pushing it to hard, acceleration, braking, racing wise. Only occasionally when some Aftermarket Nissan Tuner revs at me. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I only have 6K on my RT but so far so good. If your wanting something you can trust you might want to get a 10 or a RT. The 3.6 in the SE is new and the 3.5 in the 10 SE has been pretty good. The 5.7 in the RT has been around for a few years and if your wanting an 11 it might be a good choice. If you like the boxy jap crap look go with a Toyota.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :) Don't believe everything you read. The Challenger has been rated as having the highest customer satisfaction based on surveys.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

lot's of information here but don't believe everything you read these cars are made to drive and will run really well check out the SE section and these guys they will give you good feedback. You may want to consider the R/T with a 6 speed very underrated car with some punch and great highway mileage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I will def look into the SE forum.

At first I really wanted an R/T. R/T Classic to be exact. But after learning that they don't come in a V6 (I know, a sin to put a V6 in a classic) because I live in a city, and I need good MPG. So I was looking into the Rallye for that reason.

Maybe, if my job hours pick up, I will get an R/T instead.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome from Okla. On the gas i thought that the Rt's and the SE's were real close, I know if you drive the RT hard it won't do as good but ours gets decent miliage. Enjoy the forums and let us know what you decide. Ronnie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts