Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TLDR - Hi I'm Mike from Missisauga.

Well, I guess I've lurked enough, you all seem like a knowledgeable and sane crowd...tho I may have to do a few of the Southern Ontario meets to justify that last one.

I'm Mike, currently 32 and a senior systems engineer by day. In-training home improvement / destruction guy by night.

Fairly familiar with cars - my first was a 1971 Chevy Nova 396 dual 4bbl. I miss it. But as a cook parttime in college, hard to justify 200/wk on gas and 200/month comprehensive only, plus drinking bills :p

I will be getting a 2011 Challenger next spring. My insurance company actually sold me on it easily, I got quotes on some insurance and the chally r/t was about 500 cheaper than the 2011 Mustang G/T.

The Mopar 10 is a sexy beast, I do like its looks but the seats totally turn me off on buying it. They have one at the Dodge dealership on Mavis in Mississauga btw if anyone wants to see it or talk to it.

So my question is for the folks in Canada (Toronto) area. Got a dealership you'd recommend? Is it possible to get the SRT at R/T price-ranges? I was reading some of the threads on dealers knocking nearly 7k off the price of the SRT's. I'm curious how much people in this area are paying for their R/T's.

So Hi and /me stops lurking!

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Welcome to the forum, good luck on your search.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a Toronto member.
Lots of great help here on the board.
Haven't seen many Challengers on the road:
one red one twice on the 401 ( or two different red ones
different days ) and a white R/T in my neighborhood.

The discount was my incentive to get a 2010 rather
than wait for the 2011s. Don't think you'll have
much luck on getting a discount on a 2011 but might
as well try! I'm sure dealer will be highly motivated
to sell you any current inventory - one local dealer
still has a new 2009 SRT in black.

I'd love to see a blue 392 inaugural cruising around.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
welcome to CT :bigthumb:

·
Registered
526 Posts
live in large in hazel town

Welcome to the forum,I also live in the burb that Hazel built
Purchased my R/T from Peel Chrysler in Port Credit from Josh
also rec a good friend to them he purchased a plum rt classic
youll like the guys their being a much older smaller shop its a whole lot more personal ..you dont feel like a number going in the door.have had my car serviced their and no red tape or headaches:thumbsup:the best advise I can give yah go their with your dad or older relative and get a feel for the place and if the vibes positive good luck with it.my names robin so hope to see yah out and about in your new Chally.If the car is not on the lot your after Josh will get it!he did some major string pulling to get my buddies rt :pimp:

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Well, I guess I've lurked enough, you all seem like a knowledgeable and sane crowd...tho I may have to do a few of the Southern Ontario meets to justify that last one.
Hi and welcome to the forum Mike. Looks like I'm a little late to the party.

I look forward to meeting you at some of the Southern Ontario meets.

Good luck in your Challenger search:bigthumb:.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I'm now the proud owner of a 2010 RT Classic in Toxic Orange (hemi orange the dealer calls it), automagic (save the boo's and the urns). Loaded up sticker price was 45, I offered 32 (since there's numerous dealers offering fully loaded RT Fuchsia's for the same price - 32k).

First impressions - :D and yah, :D

And sold my little 06 accent today too. WOO!!

And the SNOW SUCKS! Why...i'm cursed. Anyone know a good deal on snow tires/rims? (i can change them myself, i have a speed jack). Looking forward now to Southern Ontario meets!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Congrats on your new R/T. Can't wait to meet you at one of the Southern Ontario Meets too.

Here's the link my son sent me for good tire prices.

2007 CHRYSLER 300 tires - Hankook

Here's the SOC thread, where everything is posted and below is a large M&G with LX cars.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f66/southern-ontario-meet-greets-hamilton-burlington-area-22283/
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f66/great-meet-coming-up-toronto-53451/

This is for events.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f66/swo-cruise-nights-show-listing-42336/

·
Registered
526 Posts
woo hoo! new toy!

So I'm now the proud owner of a 2010 RT Classic in Toxic Orange (hemi orange the dealer calls it), automagic (save the boo's and the urns). Loaded up sticker price was 45, I offered 32 (since there's numerous dealers offering fully loaded RT Fuchsia's for the same price - 32k).

First impressions - :D and yah, :D

And sold my little 06 accent today too. WOO!!

And the SNOW SUCKS! Why...i'm cursed. Anyone know a good deal on snow tires/rims? (i can change them myself, i have a speed jack). Looking forward now to Southern Ontario meets!
WOW!Great news congrats man!:thumbsup:Another fellow canuck behind the wheel,yeah they they were dropping bombs to unload the FF R/t
This weather were having is just getting to be a big tease and a royal pain in the a$$
Not to steal Vals thunder but my Buddy has a set of 4 firestone winter force tires he can sell you on a deal all mounted on black winter rims
they were on his 300 c which he sold to get his chally,lots of tread left 1 winter only and he has a 10 min drive to work BIG DEAL! LOL!
email me through this forum and I"ll hook you up..good news we all live in Mississauga:bigthumb:have winter force tires on my safari daily beater great rubber/lets see some pics of the new toy soon

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Not to steal Vals thunder but my Buddy has a set of 4 firestone winter force tires he can sell you on a deal all mounted on black winter rims
they were on his 300 c which he sold to get his chally,lots of tread left 1 winter only and he has a 10 min drive to work BIG DEAL! LOL!
email me through this forum and I"ll hook you up..good news we all live in Mississauga:bigthumb:have winter force tires on my safari daily beater great rubber/lets see some pics of the new toy soon
Hahaha! Feel free to steel my thunder, Robin. That's how I got my winter tires. Someone I didn't know from Adam sent me a PM saying someone he knew told him I might be interested in the winter tires he was selling.:bigthumb: Of course, I had to find my own rims.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all for the hearty welcome!! (including the redux welcome)!
Tire-wise, I appreciate it both Val and blucheer! I'm just researching what to get and find prices over the summer and later on. I'm sure I'll get lots of advice on stuff at the meets. I'll wander over there now Val, :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts