Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up famiglia?! I've been a proud owner of a Black Challenger SXT since 2012. Decided to buy it when I graduated high school. (Busted my ass working since 14 years old, not much help from the parents either) I never modded it, or had the time or cash to make any serious additions to it, but I'm about to graduate college, and am looking to upgrade to an R/T or the AWD GT.

I always knew about this forum, but was never in the position to really do anything crazy with my Challenger, so I'd only come on here to find solutions to minor problems, like the airbag light, the alternator problem, etc. I can't see myself driving anything other than a Challenger, but during these brutal New York winters, its tough to get around in the snow. I don't have to tell you guys how hard it is to get from A to B with RWD. Thankfully, the AWD GT is available, and, so far, looks promising.

A couple of ideas I have for my next Challenger are possibly swapping the v6 engine for a larger Hemi to give it some balls, new rims, new grill, and for sure, a new exhaust system. I'd love to know what you guys think; if you have any suggestions, or experiences, feel free to shoot me a message.

Thanks,

-Mako

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,086 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
371 Posts
Winter is fun in these cars. Dedicated snow tires with 100 pounds of rock salt over the rear axle (also an emergency traction option) and no problems for me with the hills of Pittsburgh urban/suburban streets and highways. If you mostly drive lesser maintained rural roads I'd go studded winter tires then or AWD GT - but if you keep all seasons on it'll still only be marginal. Pretreat the undercarriage, rinse it frequently, and spray down with SaltAway when the season has ended - none the worse for wear.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts