Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, longtime lurker......

Been looking at Challengers and specifically the SRT8's for a while now and thought I'd join so that hopefully I can get some good information on most of the common questions asked about these cars.

Thanks,

Tom

·
Super Moderator
14,039 Posts
Welcome to the biggest and best Challenger forum on the web with 17,523 members and growing daily.

You'll find all your answers about the SRT on this site. Use the search function and check out the SRT Model Specific thread. If you can't find what you are looking for, just post a question. You'll gets lots of responses.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Classics are very appealing! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
welcome, you will get answers here, all models, bone stocks and many variations of built challengers represented. Hopefully you are not making any sort of psychiatric evaluations on us thou :pimp: have fun

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you noticed that's what I have too but you said SRTs
Yes I did notice, thanks..... I like the Classic models but if I decide to purchase a Chally it would probably be the SRT version.

.......Hopefully you are not making any sort of psychiatric evaluations on us thou :pimp: have fun
Nah man I wouldn't do that.......

Or would I? LOL :D

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
welcome to the show.
r/t best bang for the buck?
thats not reality just an opinion.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The question is what would you like to know regarding the SRT8 and are you thinking about buying a 2010 6.1 or wanting to wait for the 2011 6.4 that went into production November 29th?
As for reality vrs opinion, the reality is SE / RT / SRT owners have real opinions and they are all valid..:):)

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Welcome to the best Challenger Forum :bigthumb: looking forward to your participation...

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Welcome Tom. What area are you from?
BB

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Buy an SRT in your favorite color, life will immediately become better.

No need for research, just buy one.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The question is what would you like to know regarding the SRT8 and are you thinking about buying a 2010 6.1 or wanting to wait for the 2011 6.4 that went into production November 29th?
As for reality vrs opinion, the reality is SE / RT / SRT owners have real opinions and they are all valid..:):)
I typically don't buy new cars, so likely a lower mileage SRT8 would be the choice. Truth be told I'm a long time Mustang fan and have owned several; my last was purchased new in '05 and I spent several years building it up to magazine cover level (November 08 Modified Mustangs & Fords). It is still used in the banner of Brenspeed's website (www.brenspeed.com), blue with white stripes, blower, cams, etc. I'm just having a hard time getting over the Challenger's look, which I really dig...... plus the larger interior would be a bonus since it would be my daily driver and I have two pre-teen kids.

Welcome Tom. What area are you from?
BB
Currently reside in the Fort Wayne, Indiana area but I work all week in Cleveland, Ohio. The home in Indiana is for sale and once it sells we're moving to Cleveland area; after we settle in is when I'll make the auto purchase. Lingenfelter Performance is in my home town and would be tempting to send the Challenger to them for, uh, "tuning".

Thanks for all of the welcomes guys, and don't hate me for my Blue Oval love, LOL....:thumbsup:

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
hey Tom welcome to CT :bigthumb:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well last week I picked up an '09 orange SRT, <5000 miles loaded with the 6 speed manual. Love it so far! The previous owner installed hood pins, SRT side stripes, chromed wheels, and Flowmaster mufflers with what I believe is a modified mid pipe too; there are two cats up near the factory manifolds (one cat on each side) on 3" pipes that run back to the Flowmaster mufflers, then out to Mopar tips. I also noticed that the pipes are not connected to each other (like an X or an H) but instead run independent of each other all the way back. I don't have pix of the exhaust setup but here are some of the car:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts