2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,333 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bro! I’ve been wanting an srt for the longest. Now that i have one its amazing.

·
Super Moderator
14,463 Posts
Hello everybody.
Welcome to the world of the "torque monster" with the M6...its effortless torque on demand.

Ditch the stock shifter for a Barton and you'll like it even more especially with the '09 - '14 style OEM linkage has a lot of slop to it...

you can get the "OEM version" which allows using the stock pistol grip lever which costs less. The handle you utilizes makes no difference on the shifter action, but instead its the linkage below that makes the difference

I've had both an '09 M6 and now a '16 M6 and have changed shifters on both with very satisfying results

·
Vendor
1,533 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for joining us and congrats on your purchase. Pictures are a must. A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Safe driving and happy modding!

·
Registered
10 Posts
welcome to the forum, I also have a srt8 392 6 speed manual,, that I,m gong to compete in the 2020 bonnivile flats 200mph class , that should be a lot of fun ,lol

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
818 Posts
welcome to the forum, I also have a srt8 392 6 speed manual,, that I,m gong to compete in the 2020 bonnivile flats 200mph class , that should be a lot of fun ,lol
Keep us posted on that. I would love to take a trip out there.

·
Premium Member
9,500 Posts
Thanks bro. Im new to all performance stuff. What are those things used for?
The Barton shifter is great, it really made my shifts much more smooth!

The skip shift helps prevent that annoying 1st to 4th forced shift that everyone eventually has happen in their 6spd. I had it happen one day while it was raining and I was slowly making a right hand turn ( my tires are not fond of the rain). It forced me from 1st to 4th with traffic headed my way, not a good feeling.

Thanks,
Alexis

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello and welcome and congrats. Post pictures of your new ride. I'm a new owner of a mint 2012 SRT8 too, just a little over a week ago. I love it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts