Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off... What a sweet thing you guys got goin here. This forum is one of the reasons i decided to finally pull the trigger on a challenger and trade in my truck. I've done a lot of reading in these different threads for answers but havent found exactly what im looking for.
Second... I have a 2010 RT Classic, manual transmission. I want to upgrade in no particular order: Exhaust (headers, cat back) computer programmer, and maybe heads, valves and a wicked cam.
Here are my questions... Thank you in advance for any and all opinions!

1. Will SRT aftermarket longtube headers and catback fit on my RT?
(because i do want bigger primaries and 3" all the way back)
2. Will the predator tuner clear any and all CE codes that would arise if i delete my cats?
3. If i do add a big cam, what other mods would i have to do to protect my motor from damage?
4. What is the best torque converter to install after i do all these mods?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Welcome I haven't done any of the things you want to do but I do have a predator and if the problems are fixed it will clear the CEL. As for 4 why are you asking about a torque converter with a manual tranny?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Sounds great you should be alright on the headers and the predator will clear codes. BUT there are really no wicked cams for 5.7's. There's a few slightly larger than stock cams but nothing too serious because of the unavailability of tuning. There is only one person right now I've heard of on here that is in the process of attempting a pretty large cam with some parts that aren't quite available yet. Your gonna have to wait and see what happens.
As far as a torque converter, you have a manual, there is no torque converter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hhaha.. Sorry i didnt mean torque converter...

I meant stall converter.
Thanks for the fast replies

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
As far as I know a stall converter is just a torque converter that doesn't engadge untill a certain RPM but I could be wrong

·
Registered
864 Posts
Pretty much man, different stall speed and junk.
I think the word he's looking for is clutch.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Ive heard mixed about the clutches on these cars. They're only rated at 450 so theres not much power cushion, but a lot of folks do just fine with them and others need to upgrade. Mines just fine so far and I beat the balls off the car everyday.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I know all the guys were after the one they were giving away at CF2 but I thiought that was the guys with SC. NOX and other non street car stuff (even though some of them do drive them on the street).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right on... i was looking for clutch, in an auto the stall is the clutch... im retarded but anyways someone knew what i was gettin at.
Any word on the SRT exhaust fitting the RT???

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I wasn't trying to be smart with those questions/comments just trying figure out what your needing to know. I never tried a SRT exhaust on a RT. Getting a SOLO on my RT at CF2 though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts