Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm new to the site and I come looking for answers. I've had a ton of muscle cars and race cars. Right now I have an '04 Mustang that puts about 700HP to the wheels, a '13 Mustang GT and a '13 Charger R/T.

The reason i'm here is about the Charger R/T. I've had the car for about 8 months and I love it. I think it's one of the best muscle cars on the market. To me the cars seems pretty fast and i'm wondering if you guys know or have any experiences with these things at the track. It is a Road and Track model with Track pack option if that makes a difference.

The reason I chose here and not a Charger forum is because I'm really considering trading in my '13 GT on a SRT-8 Challenger but I have to wait to see what's going on with the '15 Challenger/Barracuda deal first.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Hey guys. I'm new to the site and I come looking for answers. I've had a ton of muscle cars and race cars. Right now I have an '04 Mustang that puts about 700HP to the wheels, a '13 Mustang GT and a '13 Charger R/T.

The reason i'm here is about the Charger R/T. I've had the car for about 8 months and I love it. I think it's one of the best muscle cars on the market. To me the cars seems pretty fast and i'm wondering if you guys know or have any experiences with these things at the track. It is a Road and Track model with Track pack option if that makes a difference.

The reason I chose here and not a Charger forum is because I'm really considering trading in my '13 GT on a SRT-8 Challenger but I have to wait to see what's going on with the '15 Challenger/Barracuda deal first.
The R/T handles well at the track. I'd recommend lowering it with springs and stiffening it up with strut bars.

For 2015, it is a Challenger refresh year. A new 6.2L supercharged engine will debut in the SRT lineup and a significant transmission change will occur for the automatics. Also, it is expected that there will be a reduction in chassis weight as well as an interior/exterior refresh. The debut occurs at SpringFest 2014 (March) and at the New York Auto Show (April).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ^^

I have been obsessively searching for info and pics of the 2015 model stuff. I get the Supercharged motor and the reface but I NEED MORE!!! I want to know models, sub models, colors, etc... I wish they would start leaking a little more real photgraphy than the stuff we're seeing.

When I heard Supercharged engine I was floored. To me that means that even if the car isn't very fast it will be a lot easier to get it there. I don't see that window of opportunity with the current stuff.

·
Registered
56 Posts
1/4 mile or road course? I ran the 1/4 once but I wheel-2-wheel race a mustang after having completed 18 month training in an SRT8 Charger. If you want road course advice I can help, 1/4 mile info.....not at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts