Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's a bit gratuitous, but hell, I'm proud of my new toy!

Been looking for well over a year now for just the right car. Wanted a pitch black R/T with the 6 speed manual, cloth interior, 8.4" head unit, and the super track pack. I've got this thing about not buying brand new cars, although I have been tempted in recent months to just call it a day and take advantage of some of the incentives Dodge has been floating.

Anyway, it's amazing how many of these cars are automatic.... took me what felt like forever, but, patience is a virtue and it payed off. A 2015 with 8,000 miles showed up at a Dodge dealership about 2 weeks ago about 3 1/2 hours from home as a certified pre-owned and I was able to get it about $5k below book value - the EXACT car I wanted. Couldn't be happier and thrilled to be a part of the club!

.... now I just have to avoid getting a speeding ticket .... :laugh2:

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congrats and welcome from Ohio!

And I believe the word you were looking for was "delay" not "avoid" :burnout: :wink3:

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Look at you!!! The cat that ate the canary. Patience pays off my friend. SAY IT LOUD AND PROUD! We are LOUD.
And PROUD. Truly something worth celebrating! Tell us all about it. I am excited for you. I remember how I felt 6 months ago. Still feel. Good luck!

And you know, vinyl goes on black too!

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Congrats. You got the perfect canvas for some mods if you so choose. I would enjoy modding a car like that. Stock is cool too though. You got yourself a true bare bones Muscle Car. You picked the right transmission as well...

Reactions: silver scat

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
937 Posts
Nice!

Did you pick that up in Springfield Illinois?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Wow! Looks like a great deal you got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,041 Posts
Congrats on the car and the deal, looks great. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Been looking for well over a year now for just the right car. Wanted a pitch black R/T with the 6 speed manual, cloth interior, 8.4" head unit, and the super track pack. I've got this thing about not buying brand new cars, although I have been tempted in recent months to just call it a day and take advantage of some of the incentives Dodge has been floating.

Anyway, it's amazing how many of these cars are automatic.... took me what felt like forever, but, patience is a virtue and it payed off.
Anybody can drive an automatic = easier sell for dealers.

Thankfully they offer both choices, if they didn't - I would have bought something else that did...

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Congrats!

Purple stripes would look great on that.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,376 Posts
Sounds like you stole it. Good for you. Patience is indeed a virtue. You could have spent thousands more for the same thing, only to kick yourself when you found this one online for such a great price. And since it's Christmas, now you can take a little of that money you saved and buy something nice for all those on your list... including your new Challenger. It deserves a Christmas present too :)

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Sounds like you stole it. Good for you. Patience is indeed a virtue. You could have spent thousands more for the same thing, only to kick yourself when you found this one online for such a great price. And since it's Christmas, now you can take a little of that money you saved and buy something nice for all those on your list... including your new Challenger. It deserves a Christmas present too :)

Yes! Are the windows tinted and DOES it have a catch can???

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It got its present early!!!

Attachments

Reactions: MuscleCarProf

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Hey, I see you've been adding lots of stuff to your new (to you) R/T. Since yours is a pre-active exhaust year, are you planning on adding a cat back or modifying your system?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts