Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my ordered Hellcat WB a week ago Tuesday. Prior to the apocalypse happening, I ordered this back in February. I had a 2011 SRT followed by a 2015 SRT. Both great cars, no issues with either. My 2015 was literally perfect and looked just as good the day I traded in as when I picked it up.

Still breaking the car in obviously, not like I'm driving to work every day like I used to. But drive it now and then because its just so much fun. Compared to my other 2 SRTs, definitely is louder. I was surprised by how much louder, but I like it. Even my wife likes it and she's not into this type of thing, but always liked riding in all my cars. Supercharger whine is ever present and is as intoxicating to listen to as others have said. I can see why these get such horrible MPG, you just want to constantly give it more gas. But its a fun car and I'm more than happy with my decision. It definitely revs faster than the 392 and without even fully breaking in, real easy to light up the tires. I can't even imagine how bad the traction is on a non-WB hellcat. I'm thinking I probably should have gotten the summer only tires, the all seasons are really not good for traction in these cars. I don't drive mine much in the winter, so I may swap these out over the next year or 2.

And because of Covid-19, Dodge kept up the power dollars so I got the $7170 discount plus the original discount I worked out with my dealer back in February. Its a good time to buy if your job is secure and can afford it. I got a good deal on trade in and it helps to lower the tax bill on the new car quite a bit. So overall deal was good. Still, a lot more than either of my SRTs, but I think worth it. But all Challengers are good cars, doesn't matter what kind you have.

So, I think I'll enjoy this one as much or more than my other 2 Challengers. Interior is a little bit different than 2015. The leather on doors and dash is a nice touch and radio/NAV is different (looks crisper/sharper than my 2015). Plus looking out the windshield and seeing the dual hood scoops is very nice. This hood looks way better in person than in pictures. Few pics below. And yes, it fits in my garage just fine. I can even walk in front of it with the garage door down. I swear this is shorter than my 2015, but just has to be my imagination (feels like I have more room in front and back of garage).

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
449 Posts
Awesome Cat! Congrats! I've been working from home too, but if I had that in my garage I'd definitely find more excuses to have to get out and drive. Which is another reason I can't wait to get mine

Reactions: BriscoCounty

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nice post - Just traded my WB 6 Speed Scat for a WB 6 Speed Cat. Lost an S and gained some HP! But the Whine is a treat for sure!!

Reactions: BriscoCounty
1 - 3 of 3 Posts