Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Looking at a 2008 srt with 51k miles on it... about 19k... but also the exact color but an 2010 RT with 30k miles is also around 19k..

Is it worth buying the srt with a little more miles and 2 years older or was there much changes in the 2010 rt? I do LOVE the interior of the srt seats especially, but 20k more miles...

I know the HP difference, and the srt is a little more rare, but i dont care much about the difference in power, eventually i may do some upgrades...cam etc.

can anybody tell me WHY the srt would be a better deal? or should i just stick with the rt?

·
Premium Member
9,676 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Me, I'd take the newer lower mileage car. First call your insurance company with either those cars vin#'s or two of the same trim level and see if they are close in policy price. If a decent difference you may want the r/t based on that alone.
Don't do anything in a hurry as there are always plenty of these cars available. Good luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was in the same exact spot as you two months ago, I went with the 09 R/T. I figure the SRT model wasn't worth. I was debating between a 2009 SRT or a 2012 R/t for a while then I actually decided to go with a 2009 R/T for less money :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd look both over really good from top to bottom, drive both and buy whichever is in the best shape and makes you smile the biggest! :grin2:

Reactions: silver scat

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What differences are there from the 2008-2014?
I see some 100th anniversary for a few thousand more, and in the pictures the seats look great in the 2014... any other main differences?

I am leaning against the 2008 srt just because of its age.. but there is not a lot to choose from in the OKC area. most are in texas, and most are 5+ hours away, so little difficult to just drive and go test them all :)

Now i am really comparing the 2014 rt vs the 2010 rt both same amount of miles, but the 2014 is 4k more. The 2014 has the seats that i would really prefer, i am so picky, must be silver, and must be leather and must have navi, and Automatic.

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
What differences are there from the 2008-2014?
I see some 100th anniversary for a few thousand more, and in the pictures the seats look great in the 2014... any other main differences?

I am leaning against the 2008 srt just because of its age.. but there is not a lot to choose from in the OKC area. most are in texas, and most are 5+ hours away, so little difficult to just drive and go test them all :)

Now i am really comparing the 2014 rt vs the 2010 rt both same amount of miles, but the 2014 is 4k more. The 2014 has the seats that i would really prefer, i am so picky, must be silver, and must be leather and must have navi, and Automatic.
Before you tread into deeper water here... There were only 6400 SRT's made in 2008, the actual number of the car you are looking at is on the passenger's side dash. There were only 3 colors offered, Hemi orange, Billet silver, and black. So the SRT is where I am leaning, but if you open the window to years beyond 2010, there were upgrades for sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys. not in a huge hurry... but having trouble deciding... spend a little more (3-4k) get a 2014 rt 30k miles that i just love the interior, not sure if a lot different than the 2010 rt w/ 30k miles....

the 2008 again, is nice and clean but has 51k miles, and is priced about the same but is several years older. I have had trouble selling cars that are over 10 years old being that banks tend to not lien on if i decide to sell after a few years.

on anything, i have never been a fan of first gen's as they usually work out the bugs after a year or two, but seems like the 08 and the 10 are exactly the same car? What about 2010-2014 what changed?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, im still in the market for a challenger...... ran across a srt8 392 that i was seriously thinking of.. However, after looking at a car fax for the car it reads....

Vehicle reacquired buy back lemon reported for customer complaint of check engine light.... from the state of California..
car currently is for sale in texas. Called the dealer, and they told me that the issue was resolved by Dodge, and then put into auction.

They said they believe it has a "blue" title. She didnt seem to sure about that but said the title does say that it was a buyback from dodge.

What all does that mean, i am not from Texas, does this mean it has a clean title? Would this car be a concern to buy???
I do believe that california has a pretty easy return for lemon vehicles, so maybe it isn't a big deal... thats why i thought i would see what others think.

here is the cf
https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHisto...er_id=69189495&car_id=462768233&partner=ATD_U

·
Registered
175 Posts
The only problem with that title is if you ever go to resell the car no one will buy it unless it is cheap, cheap, cheap. I passed on a low mileage, very nice '10 srt8 because it had a title like that. Avoid buy back titles unless car is about half price or you plan on keeping car forever. I would say car is fine though.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Have you looked into a higher mileage 15 R/T+ ? Get a warranty and you are done. Terrific car!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks

Yes i actually drove a 2014 challenger r/t (100th anniversary has amazing unique seats) a couple days ago... 30k miles... nice car... asking 22,600

Very much considering it... super clean car... but i am scared i will wish i bought the srt8... but in all honesty 22k is my max i want to spend, so thinking the r/t is the way to go, and like i said this specific one has great seats. They are the brown leather 100th anniversary ones.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Look on springfield mo craigslist for srt8......2012 for 20k....if I didn't have a challenger already i'd be all over this one!!! Sounds to good to be true.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts