Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am new to the challenger community

I just traded in my 2013 Daytona Charger for a 2017 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker in Go Mango. I've had it 5 days and oh what a difference the 6.4 is over the 5.7. I thought my charger was fun. Ha!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,821 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome from Chicagoland. Your Charger probably WAS fast.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Hi

...oh what a difference the 6.4 is over the 5.7...
I thought long and hard about just getting an RT with the 5.7, but I worried that I'd be suffering from "buyer's remorse" because I didn't get the 6.4 !!! Hearing you just now, I'm feeling even better about getting my SRT 392. However, now I'm feeling buyer's remorse because I gotta pay for it. Oh well. If I must have some sort of remorse, I'll choose the one I have. At least I'm seriously happy with my Challenger.

Welcome aboard.

Gary

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I thought long and hard about just getting an RT with the 5.7, but I worried that I'd be suffering from "buyer's remorse" because I didn't get the 6.4 !!! Hearing you just now, I'm feeling even better about getting my SRT 392. However, now I'm feeling buyer's remorse because I gotta pay for it. Oh well. If I must have some sort of remorse, I'll choose the one I have. At least I'm seriously happy with my Challenger.

Welcome aboard.

Gary
Yes, how often can you make a major purchase and be seriously happy? Most times you cheap out some and it just winds up costing more in the long run. If I got the used R/T I originally wanted I would be dropping money in it trying to get this or that. Louder, faster etc. Now I am already in the promised land.......we......YOU. Mr. adjustable suspension. You better keep that car nice for me.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Yes, how often can you make a major purchase and be seriously happy? Most times you cheap out some and it just winds up costing more in the long run. If I got the used R/T I originally wanted I would be dropping money in it trying to get this or that. Louder, faster etc. Now I am already in the promised land.......we......YOU. Mr. adjustable suspension. You better keep that car nice for me.
How right you are. And how many times in the past I have "cheaped out" as you put it. But not this time. And I'm glad. Ha...Was just thinking about the idea of "dropping money." How sad that when ya buy an expensive car, ya gotta donate SOOOO much money to the tax man. That still irks me. Nearly 3000 dollars goes to the government because I bought this car. Not to mention the 3500 that already got donated to the government 2 years ago when the original owner bought the same car. Ugh. The government makes far more on a new car than the factory ever can. Some cars can get bought and sold 5 times or more. The government gets paid well... each and every time. Sorry for highjacking this post... just needed to rant little.

Gary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts