Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove all the way from Houston Texas to Jefferson City, Tennessee to trade in my 2009 R/T for Inaguaral #275.

Wondering if I am a little crazy or not??! Feel free to reassure me that I did the right thing!

It was a fun road trip though:

Day 1: All the way from Houston to Knoxville in my R/T. About 14.5 hrs.

Day 2: Trade in the R/T at Farris Motors in Jefferson City....pay the window tint guy on my preorder (15% all the way around, 35% on front windshield).....then take off from Jefferson City to New Orleans (about 10 hrs or so). Fun night on Bourbon st.

Day 3: New Orleans to Houston. #275 sitting in Drive by about 3:30pm with 1000 miles on it.

Well, on the positive side I guess I broke it in the first two days I owned it.....and it drove great all the way from Tennessee to Texas!!

Pics to come soon.

My initial questions/worries......

1. Should I buy a little smart car so I don't have to drive my 392IE back and forth to work parked outside in the hot Texas sun?

2. Should I take any special precautions for the white leather seats other than just being extremely careful not to eat or drink in the car or get any pen marks on them? I would kind of hate to cover them up.

3. Seems like the sides look a tiny bit plain. Maybe an extra white stripe down the side....maybe on the bottom?

Sorry for being a little long-winded.....chalk it up to exhaustion and/or excitment !!

BoneDaddy

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
BoneDaddy - you are not crazy - I traded in my 09 R/T for an IE 392 also and have zero regrets. It rules. That is a good story and a heck of a road trip!

Please share details on your new ride and pics! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Drove all the way from Houston Texas to Jefferson City, Tennessee to trade in my 2009 R/T for Inaguaral #275.

Wondering if I am a little crazy or not??! Feel free to reassure me that I did the right thing!

It was a fun road trip though:

Day 1: All the way from Houston to Knoxville in my R/T. About 14.5 hrs.

Day 2: Trade in the R/T at Farris Motors in Jefferson City....pay the window tint guy on my preorder (15% all the way around, 35% on front windshield).....then take off from Jefferson City to New Orleans (about 10 hrs or so). Fun night on Bourbon st.

Day 3: New Orleans to Houston. #275 sitting in Drive by about 3:30pm with 1000 miles on it.

Well, on the positive side I guess I broke it in the first two days I owned it.....and it drove great all the way from Tennessee to Texas!!

Pics to come soon.

My initial questions/worries......

1. Should I buy a little smart car so I don't have to drive my 392IE back and forth to work parked outside in the hot Texas sun?

2. Should I take any special precautions for the white leather seats other than just being extremely careful not to eat or drink in the car or get any pen marks on them? I would kind of hate to cover them up.

3. Seems like the sides look a tiny bit plain. Maybe an extra white stripe down the side....maybe on the bottom?

Sorry for being a little long-winded.....chalk it up to exhaustion and/or excitment !!

BoneDaddy
We're like distant cousins....#267 here:bigthumb:
Yes....a smart car...or a car cover.
Different strokes for different folks on the seat covers. I just got CalTrends Blue/Blk....really nice.
Enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.