Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man this S550 is Great!

Loved the Scat Pack, but theres only so much you can do with 4200lbs, sadly

For those of you wondering what the waters like on the other side..... Hint... It's Awesome!!!!!!!!

20170723_150304.jpg

20170722_170226.jpg

20170722_170209.jpg

·
Registered
863 Posts
Nice. Variety is the spice of life! I also have been eyeballing some Stangs. Truth be told I like Camaro's also!
Just can't give up the Challenger and can't do both!
Have fun!
Tom.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
LOL - I thought you bought a big Mercedes Benz at first = S550.

I've driven a few of those new Mustangs, the autos feel very slow down low in the RPM range.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Sharp looking car (I like the new Mustangs). Congratulations! Just be sure to keep it between the ditches and rubber side down. ;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congrats!! I actually do like the Mustangs and Camaros... all of the cars in competition with each other this way, really.

But, I'll keep my SP Challenger so I can fit three little ones in the back seat comfortably, the wife and I up front, and a good sized trunk to load up for a weekend get away. And, PLENTY of power to have some fun on the streets. If I had a different lifestyle and different goals for the car, I may make a different choice. A 12 second 4200 lbs. car is plenty and perfect for me though.

What do you plan to do different with the Mustang that you couldn't do with the heavier SP? Do you road race or something? I suspect your feelings of the Mustang being AWESOME compared to the SP are more mental and just comforting yourself that you wanted a change. Nothing wrong with that either.

If weight was the concern, why didn't you go with a Camaro? It's lighter and faster than the Mustang.

·
Registered
50 Posts
How do so many people lose control like those guys in the video? I know I see a disproportionate number of videos of morons doing silly things from browsing forums like this, but as someone who is planning a Challenger purchase and hasn't driven a muscle or sports car before it's starting to make me wonder what kinda trouble I could get into, lol.

·
Super Moderator
15,339 Posts
How do so many people lose control like those guys in the video? I know I see a disproportionate number of videos of morons doing silly things from browsing forums like this, but as someone who is planning a Challenger purchase and hasn't driven a muscle or sports car before it's starting to make me wonder what kinda trouble I could get into, lol.
there's thousands of used Mustangs out there, and they can be had on the cheap. Take 300 to 444hp, with a live axle and romp on it, get that suspension to unload + unskilled drivers.

This is the result you get.

Lot of drivers that probably had lower-power vehicles and don't know what dynamics take place when they floor the throttle and what happens when you break loose and then suddenly transition to off throttle or steering over correction.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
I think it's because most of them gassed it up while turning the corners/curves hence their tires skipped and lost the controls. We have too much of torques that non-drag radial tires will struggle gripping on the roads.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,698 Posts
Nice looking car! Congratulations!

If you go to Lebanon Ford, you can buy an S550 with a Roush blower (upper 600-707 hp) or a Hellion twin turbo setup (I believe 550+ with capability to go over 1k rwhp) for $40- $50k! That's the best bang for your buck just about anywhere!

2017 GT Mustang with 727 Horsepower | Lebanon Ford near Dayton, OH

We thought about a Roush Stage 3, but then my Wife saw the Hellcat/Predator video and said that we should look at one of those. No sunroof in 2015, so we bought Ruby (2015 SRT 392) and haven't looked back!

If you want to go fast, then a Mustang or an SS Camaro are the way to go because you can mod them relatively cheaply and they respond better than Dodges do too. I thought modding a Vette was expensive, but Dodge beats them. Not too mention that the Mustangs and Camaro's look Nice too, but I favor the Dodge because it's more of a Muscle Car and not as much of a Sports Car like the other Pony Cars are.

Once again, Congratulations on your New S550! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats!! I actually do like the Mustangs and Camaros... all of the cars in competition with each other this way, really.

What do you plan to do different with the Mustang that you couldn't do with the heavier SP? Do you road race or something? I suspect your feelings of the Mustang being AWESOME compared to the SP are more mental and just comforting yourself that you wanted a change. Nothing wrong with that either.

If weight was the concern, why didn't you go with a Camaro? It's lighter and faster than the Mustang.
It's the competition that's created this 2nd Muscle Car era. Man. 435hp. 485Hp. 455Hp, from the factory with AC, PS and PB . STP and Performance Packs with Brembos.

To answer as to why i sold, No kids to haul and I found the car sat in the garage for a week of more at a tme, no desire to take it out. There's a twisty road though the hills out here, about 20 miles. I wanted something i could have more fun with on that kind of road.

I got the Performance Pack. Look it up, Great bang for the buck. Torsen 3.73, 6pot Brembos, 275 rear P-zeros, some of the highlights. Got the stick, of course. A Blast to drive. Can't wait to get in it, Drive it everywhere. This car will be Driven. Already broke the motor in in the first 3 days, 500 miles. It's not a mental gymnastics what 3700lbs and the PP do. now is fun time!!!

As far as the Camaro, everything is there, Except a soul. Could mistake it for a Cruze. The Mustang still seems to have a soul. :elephant:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,798 Posts
Since I'm obviously more into the looks than the performance (what with a V6 and all ;) ), it looks good, but not as good as a Challenger. Enjoy it ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
255 Posts
It's the competition that's created this 2nd Muscle Car era. Man. 435hp. 485Hp. 455Hp, from the factory with AC, PS and PB . STP and Performance Packs with Brembos.

To answer as to why i sold, No kids to haul and I found the car sat in the garage for a week of more at a tme, no desire to take it out. There's a twisty road though the hills out here, about 20 miles. I wanted something i could have more fun with on that kind of road.

I got the Performance Pack. Look it up, Great bang for the buck. Torsen 3.73, 6pot Brembos, 275 rear P-zeros, some of the highlights. Got the stick, of course. A Blast to drive. Can't wait to get in it, Drive it everywhere. This car will be Driven. Already broke the motor in in the first 3 days, 500 miles. It's not a mental gymnastics what 3700lbs and the PP do. now is fun time!!!

As far as the Camaro, everything is there, Except a soul. Could mistake it for a Cruze. The Mustang still seems to have a soul. :elephant:
I don't know about soul. I think the new Mustangs look European. That's not soul to me, but I do like them. Soul... the Challenger you sold is the one of the three with the most soul, IMO.

Your SP had Brembos, right? You could have put 275s on the SP. 3.73s isn't all that cool or special with a stick. I believe a manual SP comes with 3.90s.

Of course you can't wait to get in the NEW car... you just got it! If you were really bored with the SP and wanted something new, glad for you getting the new car. Are you sure the same boredom isn't going to set in with the Mustang though???

Either way, congrats! Life is short... drive as many as possible. :smile:

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
As you can see, you're getting some flak from the "Mopar or no car" contingent. lol

I say, if your new Mustang puts a smile on your face every time you get in it and you look back at it as you walk away, you made the right choice for yourself.

Congrats and enjoy it! :)

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
As you can see, you're getting some flak from the "Mopar or no car" contingent. lol

I say, if your new Mustang puts a smile on your face every time you get in it and you look back at it as you walk away, you made the right choice for yourself.

Right on. It's his wallet, his life, and his car. We all deserve happiness!

But again, I'd have to sell my soul to Devil to own a Mustang. Mopar or no car! >:)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Truth be told, I'm a Chevy guy. :smile:

More than that though, I'm into all the muscle/pony cars from the big 3.

If the modern Camaro had better looks, more space, and fit my wants and needs, one of those would be in my garage. But, I do love my SP!! My posts in this one were more of a be happy with what you have POV. If the Mustang fits the OP's wants and needs better and he was bored with the SP, GREAT!! I don't think he was wrong to do so at all. Even if the OP is the type to get bored with a car quickly and move on to something else, that's fine too. As I said, life is short. So, drive cool cars! :grin2:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Nothing wrong with mustangs. I have had 5 of them, including a 15 5.0 manual. Traded the S550 for my current scat. You have a good looking mustang now but you took a step down in straight line performance anyway. 4200 pounds and all, my A8 scat would blow the doors off my former 15 5.0. And the torque difference.....Well, I have said enough. Mustangs are good looking cars too. So, enjoy.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I don't know about soul. I think the new Mustangs look European. That's not soul to me, but I do like them. Soul... the Challenger you sold is the one of the three with the most soul, IMO.

Your SP had Brembos, right? You could have put 275s on the SP. 3.73s isn't all that cool or special with a stick. I believe a manual SP comes with 3.90s.

Of course you can't wait to get in the NEW car... you just got it! If you were really bored with the SP and wanted something new, glad for you getting the new car. Are you sure the same boredom isn't going to set in with the Mustang though???

Either way, congrats! Life is short... drive as many as possible. :smile:
I like how your trying to sow those little seeds of doubt.. lol... :wink3:

You know, i have no Idea why i wasn't drive the Skitty. Came down to handling feel for me i think. :thumbsup:

Right on. It's his wallet, his life, and his car. We all deserve happiness!

But again, I'd have to sell my soul to Devil to own a Mustang. Mopar or no car! >:)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Good luck op...you shoulda waited and got the 18 Mustang and write back when you pass an srt on that 20 mile road you like so much that didn't "let" you pass.. :lol:

1 - 20 of 212 Posts