Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,598 Posts
Dang that’s a work of art.
Was Art the welder's name? :D

That's Definitely a Baller intake and is Very Nice to look at. What made you decide on that intake (what makes it worth that amount of money)? I'm just curious and uneducated towards what makes an intake cost that much (besides being all billet).

I was shocked at the price because I thought a Hogan or a Wilson intake was alot of money (and they are)! This makes them look like a bargain! It's money well spent if it puts a smile on your face though.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Was Art the welder's name? :D

That's Definitely a Baller intake and is Very Nice to look at. What made you decide on that intake (what makes it worth that amount of money)? I'm just curious and uneducated towards what makes an intake cost that much (besides being all billet).

I was shocked at the price because I thought a Hogan or a Wilson intake was alot of money (and they are)! This makes them look like a bargain! It's money well spent if it puts a smile on your face though.
Probably the additional cost over a Wilson is this has an intercooler built into the intake.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Probably the additional cost over a Wilson is this has an intercooler built into the intake.
Yep, no one else has developed something like this. So much engineering to incorporate the intercooler plus CNC work I guess. I planned on the water to air intercooler that Procharger provides but like the simplicity of not needing it now. Having said that, I need to ask my engine builder how that works. Would be awesome if the Procharger plumbs directly to the throttle body now.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Would be awesome if the Procharger plumbs directly to the throttle body now.
I don’t see why it wouldn’t. Of course not exactly directly because of where the Procharger is located.

So yeah coming of the Procharger the charge pipe would then have a blow off valve and then right into the throttle body.

The only thing I would wonder about is how does the air fuel ratio work out when the temp of the air going past the throttle body is going to be much hotter than what is actually going into the engine. I could be missing something though.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don’t see why it wouldn’t. Of course not exactly directly because of where the Procharger is located.

So yeah coming of the Procharger the charge pipe would then have a blow off valve and then right into the throttle body.

The only thing I would wonder about is how does the air fuel ratio work out when the temp of the air going past the throttle body is going to be much hotter than what is actually going into the engine. I could be missing something though.
I didn’t realize it but turns out my engine builder had some input into the design of this. He said the AFR would not be and issue (didn’t get into details). The charge pipe does go direct to the T.B. plus exterior air to water intercooler for the fluid loop running through to the intake exchanger. He helped me understand where the costs went when talking about all CNC solid billet parts :cool:

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,598 Posts
Yep, no one else has developed something like this. So much engineering to incorporate the intercooler plus CNC work I guess. I planned on the water to air intercooler that Procharger provides but like the simplicity of not needing it now. Having said that, I need to ask my engine builder how that works. Would be awesome if the Procharger plumbs directly to the throttle body now.
Thanks Guys for the explanation! That makes it even cooler now (intercooler pun intended :D)!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,762 Posts
$6800!! I have to sit down

A Guy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts