Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, figured I'd better introduce myself, I've been lurking for a couple years... finally joined, and FINALLY got myself a Challenger! I want to thank everyone right off the bat because there is a vast wealth of information to be found here. A forum is made by its members and what they contribute, and if it wasn't for those very contributions that everyone has made, this forum wouldn't be what it is, for that... a sincere thank you! Hopefully as my knowledge regarding the Challenger platform improves, I can return the favor and help where I can.

I bought what many of you would call a "very" used 2009 Dodge Challenger RT Classic 6MT with 93k on the clock, Diablo Tuned (tuner missing), AFE CAI, and an unknown aftermarket exhaust, I absolutely love it. I'm not new to Dodge / Chrysler / Plymouth and I've owned various "classic" Mopars over the years. More recently, I had a 2006 Dodge Magnum RT AWD, then a 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8. Now I finally have my Challenger, and I'm thrilled to have it.

I just wanted to say, thank you for the forum, and I'm excited to see what the future holds for me and my new obsession! >:)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,961 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Hello, congratulations and welcome! One fine looking ride there. Enjoy every minute of it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the Welcome everyone! I've let the "mod" bug bite me on other platforms, and I'm sure... no matter what I say now, at some point I'll start. Already bought a couple "required" items ie; Skip Shift Eliminator, Catch Can... Right now, I'm looking at the 392 Air Dam kit, Louvers, brake upgrades, and a Barton Shifter.... but I consider these just basic necessities... not mods. LOL! Once I dive into the suspension, a stoker, supercharging / turbo, that's when I'll say.... eh, maybe I'm modding it. :)

It is my daily driver after all, can't go crazy or anything. *That's what I've been telling my wife*

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,570 Posts
Thank you for the Welcome everyone! I've let the "mod" bug bite me on other platforms, and I'm sure... no matter what I say now, at some point I'll start. Already bought a couple "required" items ie; Skip Shift Eliminator, Catch Can... Right now, I'm looking at the 392 Air Dam kit, Louvers, brake upgrades, and a Barton Shifter.... but I consider these just basic necessities... not mods. LOL! Once I dive into the suspension, a stoker, supercharging / turbo, that's when I'll say.... eh, maybe I'm modding it. :)

It is my daily driver after all, can't go crazy or anything. *That's what I've been telling my wife*

If you haven't already...get rid of the clutch delay valve. Cost is zero dollars, 15 minutes under the car, and about 150 pumps of the clutch.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome and BEAUTIFUL car! I grew up in the Brighton/ Henderson area but I'm living in Virginia now. Hope you're enjoying the ride up in the Mile-Hi!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome and BEAUTIFUL car! I grew up in the Brighton/ Henderson area but I'm living in Virginia now. Hope you're enjoying the ride up in the Mile-Hi!
Colorado is hard to beat whether you're driving a Challenger or riding a motorcycle! Couldn't really ask for more when it comes to scenery. :)

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Bought my '05 Road Glide in '06 with 600 miles on it... Sold it in 2015 with 127k! Always riding or driving whenever I get the chance. :)

I SEE why!!! Gorgeous motorcycle! One serious machine.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts