Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon over the weekend! I've wanted one since before I had my drivers license.

IMG_0960.JPG
IMG_0964.JPG
IMG_0970.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Nice!!! Congrats. One of the best vehicles I have ever own , my Jeep is a 1997

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,112 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have wanted a Jeep ever since I got my license but the insurance was so high i skipped getting one

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I understand your desire. I've always had one since the days of the CJ-7. Present day, Mrs. Horsey operates a firecracker red Jeep Sport.

Being a former black Jeep owner, let me be the first to say congrats on owning a black vehicle that doesn't need to be washed every 15 minutes.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice!!! Congrats. One of the best vehicles I have ever own , my Jeep is a 1997
I hope to have this one that long!

Looks good! That have the 3.6L? If so, think it would be the updated version?

2016 Pentastar V6 adds new VVT, cooled EGR - SAE International

A Guy
Yup. They all have the 3.6. It's a 2017, so it should be.

Here are my babies..
Probably a pretty popular combo here on CT.

I have wanted a Jeep ever since I got my license but the insurance was so high i skipped getting one

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
I'm 34 now, but the insurance on the Jeep is WAY less than my Scat Pack.

I keep telling my wife that her next car is going to be a 4 door Rubicon in Anvil Gray to match the Cat.
DO IT! I took a lap around my buddy's farm and tried out the sway bar disconnect and lockers. Amazing combo. The 4lo crawl in the Rubicon is just awesome. I put it at the bottom of a steep hill and it just climbed right up, no clutch, no throttle.

I understand your desire. I've always had one since the days of the CJ-7. Present day, Mrs. Horsey operates a firecracker red Jeep Sport.

Being a former black Jeep owner, let me be the first to say congrats on owning a black vehicle that doesn't need to be washed every 15 minutes.
Yep, no real desire to keep it super shiny. It's somewhat appropriate to have some dirt on it.

The craziest thing is going from the Jeep to the Scat Pack and back. The clutch and Barton shifter in the Challenger is so much heavier and tighter than the Wrangler. It's actually a bit tough going back and forth. Wrangler clutch is feather light and you could blow on the shifter to change gears.

·
Registered
2015 R/T
496 Posts
Whenever my 2001 Jeep Cherokee dies I'm getting a red with black hardtop 2 dr Love the look of the Wranglers.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a random Jeep rebate offer via email yesterday from FCA (from purchasing my Challenger). Forwarded it to the dealer I got the Jeep from and they were able to apply it to my purchase. So I've got an extra $500 coming back to me on the Jeep on what was already a GREAT deal.

·
Registered
2013 Core
820 Posts
Got a random Jeep rebate offer via email yesterday from FCA (from purchasing my Challenger). Forwarded it to the dealer I got the Jeep from and they were able to apply it to my purchase. So I've got an extra $500 coming back to me on the Jeep on what was already a GREAT deal.
Known as "The Golden Ticket". Before purchasing a jeep you should call their customer service and ask about receiving one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
It's always great to have a good dealer to do that! It's not often many dealers would do that. Congratulations on your great deal and enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Couple of mods updates. Scored a Bestop Trektop for $200 on the ol Craigslist and added a new front bumper.

·
Vendor
5,657 Posts
Love your Jeep! I have a JKU. :) So much fun!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Love your Jeep! I have a JKU. :) So much fun!
I have REALLY enjoyed the combo. It's so much fun to drop the top and tool around in. It's especially fun to go drive around the trails on my buddy's property.

It also makes my Scat Pack a lot more fun to drive now too. It's crazy how "normal" the Scat Pack got to me over 2 years and 45K miles. I really stopped appreciating how much of a monster it is.

I just need to convince Barton to make a short throw shifter for the Wrangler now :)

Everything they say about the desire to mod a Wrangler is true though. It is hard to stop. A new rear bumper, maybe some minimalist fenders, and I'll slow down, maybe.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welp. I couldn’t do it any longer.

My parents went on vacation for a couple weeks and my dad let me borrow his 17 Chevy 2500 p/u to help with my move.

Went to return it, got back in my Jeep, and said “NOPE!”

Traded in a week later for a 2019 Tahoe. I LOVE it. IMG_0854.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ironic, I was just thinking a Jeep would be a nice addition to the garage. It could sit next to the precious babied Challenger and handle all the down-to-business work.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Acquired an 03 Wrangler X a couple years ago. It was my around town toy until I got my Challenger. Now my wife stole it from me. She said she gets a toy. I put a bunch of upgrades into it for looks and off road capability.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts