Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just had this installed at the dealership wow I cant belive how much hp this added I took my touch up paint and painted the K&N look good?

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
looks nice on there...

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Why do you ask if I am kidding ?
hp numbers by CAI makers are, well, sometimes, hmm lets see...a bit inflated.
I tend to think most folks feel the car is faster because it's louder with a cone filter setup...dunno.
as long as you're happy with the purchase and results...that's all that matters

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't get allot of sound out of it but the Pep is amazing .It does sound a little better but its the get up and go is what I noticed .

·
Registered
607 Posts
Looks good to me man

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
All that matters is that your happy with your new addition. Looks great, Congrats!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Why do you ask if I am kidding ?
most intakes will yeild about 6-7 hp...and you cant feel that...its your mind playing tricks on you a bit, super normal. It will much more efficient when you add things like, headers, TB, and exhaust.

also, thats not a full CAI...the true CAI are the ones where the filter is relocated down into the bumper...that shield really does not block that much heat at all really...

but an intake is always a great install!!!!! They look better, sound better and let the car breath a bit better!!!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've got the same thing on mine, like it was said alone it doesnt do a whole lot but with other mods it really helps performance plus it looks a hell of a lot better than the stock intake.

·
Registered
607 Posts
That BT engine dress up? Looks good.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yeah thats Billet Tech, they make a very good product great quality and their customer service is great to deal with. The only problem is since they are a small business sometimes depending what they have going on(if they are getting ready for big shows or something) it can take some time to get your order to you. But if you can stand the wait at times it is worth it, it really changes your engine bay.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Stock intake gains with the K and N filters are typically up to 1% to 2% of original HP...so if your driving a 2011 with say 307 hp then your looking at 310 +/- with the stock intake/filter box.

The key is intake and air volume and not a system that takes in heated engine compartment air. If I recall the standard intake air volume was 433 and with the K & N 33-2460 it jumps up to a max of 788. This is a significant increase above the manufacturers spec.

Either way your going to gain performance, throttle response and especially some improvement in gas mileage especially on open road traveling. Look at this way for the 44.00 you spend your way ahead of the game......and the cone filter systems are an improvement but there best when located where cooler air can be located/extracted.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've notice a few of you have K&N CAI kits. Does anyone have the Mopar performance CAI?

·
Registered
302 Posts
What's the cheapest price you guys have found for the K&N?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I've got the same thing on mine, like it was said alone it doesnt do a whole lot but with other mods it really helps performance plus it looks a hell of a lot better than the stock intake.

Looking good with the K&N but so does everything else under your hood! Nice job I dig it! That's a lot of shine! You must wear rubber gloves or those cotton white gloves to work on her huh? ha jk
:bigthumb:

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
I've notice a few of you have K&N CAI kits. Does anyone have the Mopar performance CAI?

only seen one had a mopar sticker on it, not sure if it really was one or not though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yo DADSONCAR!!! You're right mine is bigger and alot more horsepower!!! jk.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts