Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

This is supposed to be the new logo for a merged Fiat Chrysler entity. How would you like THIS to replace MOPAR LMAO?
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/fiat-and-chrysler-adopt-a-new-structure-and-fresh-logo.html/
To be fair, on the second page of the article it does say: "To be clear, the logo is meant mainly for the parent company as a whole, and will presumably not be replacing the traditional Chrysler, Fiat, Dodge, Jeep, or Ram logos on individual models. It will, however, be put into service before the entire reorganization of the company is completed."

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
So sad another part of AMERICA lost to a foreign entity.
So now it's the BIG 2 Ford and GM.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
So sad another part of AMERICA lost to a foreign entity.
So now it's the BIG 2 Ford and GM.
Well... When Diamler owned them it was a 'foreign' entity too... That didn't turn out well but I think under Sergio Chrysler is in the best shape it has ever been in.

Look at all of the famous brands that used to be USA.... Sunbeam, TV brands, etc.....

At least Chrysler is still here and is flourishing.

Reactions: ESOLO and USRWDV8

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Well... When Diamler owned them it was a 'foreign' entity too... That didn't turn out well but I think under Sergio Chrysler is in the best shape it has ever been in.

Look at all of the famous brands that used to be USA.... Sunbeam, TV brands, etc.....

At least Chrysler is still here and is flourishing.
You're correct Daimler didn't fair so well but I miss the old days when America made and produced things here. Canada has always built cars for GM as well but it was still and American company. I'm not a fan of a global economy, it is coming back to bite us and the politicians tout it as they make money on it at our expense.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I'm still going to call it Mopar. I'd rather have something that stands for
My
Own
Personal
Adrenaline
Rush

than

F'n
Christ
Almighty

:facepalm:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Don't count your eggs before they've cracked....there is a decent amount of chatter out that Marchonie is looking to move the global HQs here.
Global HQ will be in the Netherlands with a tax domicile in the UK.

Basically, FCA is a holding company with Fiat and Chrysler falling under FCA's umbrella (i.e. Berkshire Hathaway). Chrysler's logo, HQ, etc. will not be affected by this (same with Fiat).

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Sorry but, it's the same as it's always been .

Attachments

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
You're correct Daimler didn't fair so well but I miss the old days when America made and produced things here. Canada has always built cars for GM as well but it was still and American company. I'm not a fan of a global economy, it is coming back to bite us and the politicians tout it as they make money on it at our expense.
Unfortunately American consumers have demanded lower priced goods/services and companies want to maximize profits.
You don't get low priced "Made in the USA" products that are produced by Americans wanting $30 an hour...you do get it from cheap Chinese labor and Pakistani customer service call center reps though.

·
Premium Member
9,665 Posts
Unfortunately American consumers have demanded lower priced goods/services and companies want to maximize profits.
You don't get low priced "Made in the USA" products that are produced by Americans wanting $30 an hour...you do get it from cheap Chinese labor and Pakistani customer service call center reps though.
You get what you pay for so if it was made here it would be better made. My cousin owns a manufacturing business and says he can get around certain things when made in china than he can't get away with here.
We can't survive as a consumer only nation, we need labor and factories here. Think about this, if one day we piss off the wrong person and companies boycotted us even if they spited themselves, we won't have almost anything electronic or clothes or... you get the picture.
Most of all we need everyone HERE working and not at minimum wage.
I WILL GLADLY pay more for American goods, I do look for the made in USA logo and will NOT buy any food products made in china.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
What really cracks me up is all these people moaning about how they lost their job, can't find anything paying more than minimum wage, part time, and then run off to WalMart (the mere mention of which makes me puke in my mouth) so they can give the very same people that took their job their welfare check.

Yea, yea, I know the same Chinese crap is sold everywhere but I'd rather go blind than give Wall-of-Mart one cent.

We have the best government money can buy.

Don't get me started.. :cursin: :soapbox:

Reactions: Ken Cuda

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
You get what you pay for so if it was made here it would be better made. My cousin owns a manufacturing business and says he can get around certain things when made in china than he can't get away with here.
We can't survive as a consumer only nation, we need labor and factories here. Think about this, if one day we piss off the wrong person and companies boycotted us even if they spited themselves, we won't have almost anything electronic or clothes or... you get the picture.
Most of all we need everyone HERE working and not at minimum wage.
I WILL GLADLY pay more for American goods, I do look for the made in USA logo and will NOT buy any food products made in china.
Hey I'm onboard and agree but Americans sold out their manufacturing heritage for less expensive products sold at Wal-Mart.
Most Americans could not care less if it was made in China.
They are far to busy with their faces buried in smart phones, demanding all you can eat fries and ginormous burgers from Red Robin, and making sure they don't miss an episode of honey boo boo and the Kardashians.
The masses wanted to be lazy, DVD watching consumers and that's what we got...SAD!

Reactions: USRWDV8

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Hey I'm onboard and agree but Americans sold out their manufacturing heritage for less expensive products sold at Wal-Mart.
Most Americans could not care less if it was made in China.
They are far to busy with their faces buried in smart phones, demanding all you can eat fries and ginormous burgers from Red Robin, and making sure they don't miss an episode of honey boo boo and the Kardashians.
The masses wanted to be lazy, DVD watching consumers and that's what we got...SAD!
Couldn't have said it better. :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Couldn't have said it better. :icon_cheers:
And Americans balk that there are no jobs except in the low paying service industry...Americans want to be SERVED so that's all that's out there.
But then again Americans are becoming one of the most poorly educated people, and dropping each year, so is it any wonder?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
This s*it started way before wally world! They are a business doing what businesses do. Making money. Every business in our nation is out to do the same thing. Wally world does it better than most because they saw the need and market.

Do a honest Reagan search along with PATCO and then NAFTA. Then blame Clinton for signing NAFTA. Go ahead, I dare ya! The s*its *ucked up! Just the way dems and repubs get reupped and stay our/their perverted version of "representatives". That's "democracy". We're dumbasses for allowing it to happen because of putting career politicians back in office.

STOP the political BS! We are to blame, not Sam Walton.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
My previous job went to Indonesia in 2001. Luckily I saw the writing on the wall in '98, after 20+ years and got the hell out of there. This was after taking a 33% pay cut in '86 "to keep the jobs here". Went from an over paid UNION $11 back to $8. $.050 a day < $8 per hour. YOU LOSE!

Guess what? In my current (15+) career I/we are we are up against fellow domestic plants to keep contracted jobs at way far more than that. Luckily our equipment and not wages has been the deciding factor thus far. Won't take the competition long to figure out the economics there I'm guessing. BUSINESS

My BABY'll be paid off by then and I'll go on public aid. hahahahahaha!:rofl:

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
STOP the political BS! We are to blame, not Sam Walton.
Actually our current situation is a combination of both. Businesses do not operate however they please, they are subject to the actions of politicians, but I agree... let's not get started on politics.

How we got to where we are.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts