Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by the local Hobby Town USA yesterday and picked up some black plastic film. Made some paper templates for the recess in the tail lights. Cut and applied. They look much closer to the concept car now. I need to find some film that is more of a satin finish like the side stipes, but this will work for now. Cost? $3 and about an hour of time.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Very Cool look , Hope you don't mind if I steal your idea.:bigthumb:MOPARSRULE!!!Wolffy:bigthumb:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some shots from tonight,,with flash,

Without flash,

In real life, it looks more like the one with flash.

·
Registered
466 Posts
that really looks awesome

·
Registered
265 Posts
Looks great !!!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Stopped by the local Hobby Town USA yesterday and picked up some black plastic film. Made some paper templates for the recess in the tail lights. Cut and applied. They look much closer to the concept car now. I need to find some film that is more of a satin finish like the side stipes, but this will work for now. Cost? $3 and about an hour of time.

God I love a good cheap mod. Thanks for that one. One more to add to the cheap list!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Did the same thing only metal. They were a satin finish in the middle and I painted the center flat black.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow! That looks great! Is the film self-stick?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Peel and stick film for model airplanes. I am still looking for a local source for satin finish like the side stripes....

·
Registered
474 Posts
IMHO I think it looks cheap, it almost looks like electrical tape in the pics. Personally if I were going to go this route I'd have done what SilverFox did and bought the metal ones. But thats just my opinion and it doesn't matter as long as you think it looks good.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IMHO I think it looks cheap, it almost looks like electrical tape in the pics. Personally if I were going to go this route I'd have done what SilverFox did and bought the metal ones. But thats just my opinion and it doesn't matter as long as you think it looks good.

Your right, that's why I am looking for the satin finish. totally changes the whole look with no reflections. The best part about using the film is that there is no gap between the insert and the tail light housing, and no edge to catch.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wonder what it would look like with a chrome strip instead of the satin black.
My cars black, so i will have to try it out. A buddy of mine bought some self adhesive chrome strips that shine just like chrome, i will have to find out where he bought them from.

Looks good in black, better than black outs

Later

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
nice DIY. well done

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Wonder what it would look like with a chrome strip instead of the satin black.
My cars black, so i will have to try it out. A buddy of mine bought some self adhesive chrome strips that shine just like chrome, i will have to find out where he bought them from.

Looks good in black, better than black outs

Later
It would probably look like the SMS Challengers.

Jack

·
Premium Member
362 Posts

I'd be more concerned about the floor jack supporting the car by the rear end housing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts