Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few different experiments with several different brands of cars and trucks over the years, I went back to my roots and bought my first Challenger a couple weeks back. I have always loved my Mopars, over the years have always regretted getting rid of them. My very first car was a 1971 Roadrunner, my quickest car was my 1969 Dart GT 340, those two were the "Sure wish I could have them back cars".

Fast forward to two weeks ago, I opted for the 2020 Octane Red Scat Pack to match my Delmonico red pearlcoat 2019 Ram 1500 Limited CC 4x4.

So far I have added a UPR Catch Can and WeatherTec Floor mats to the Challenger, and will stop at that for mods, less any advice for a must have item I am missing ?

I have noticed a couple quirks when I am driving the Challenger though:

(1). I have 343 miles on the car since I bought it new off the dealers lot with 42 miles. I have only really gotten on it twice so far to get an idea, what kind of hand did I get with my new car. I have noticed under Hard acceleration the car will kind of wander a little, like a broken motor mount might unsettle the car a little.

(2). The shocks are pretty rigid and you feel every bump in the road. I get everyone wants to race these cars! I don't ever see my self taking it to any track or strip and was wondering, if there is a softer shock to be mounted to supplement / soften the ride.

(3). Drive line or rear ends on these kinda sloppy ? I have noticed a little more movement after putting the car in Park, even though I do use the E-Brake 99.5% of the time, are these a problem child to watch for ?

(4). Ceramic Waxes ? Good for the paint or not a good idea to protect the car in hot weather.

(5). Must have modifications ?

Thank you for any advice or input you can provide.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Congrats on your RT Scat Pack! Ohh no hear we go again lol “SRT Scat Pack”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,766 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,444 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thank you for changing To “RT Scat Pack” you have no idea the flood gates of comments one can open with 3 words lol “SRT Scat Pack” Lol enjoy your beautiful machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts