Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my first car, we bought it brand new (21 miles) several years ago, recently i started to modify it. I wanted to get a challenger years ago due to a game called Defiance, I always wanted to do a push bar, then an external cage. This was kind of the first step. I wont be doing the cage now, but i still love how the push bar came out. It also seems to help on the freeway, everyone moves over much faster then they used to. Before installation the fastest i went was 106mph (106 used to rattle/you could hear the plastic parts denting/hitting the air, now that is much less higher up), recently after installation i was able to hit 125, without noticeable air flow/drag compared to before. Coolant temps are stable just as before the install. Pictures were just after installation, grease/dirt/dust/oil/fingerprints still on the car.

Ill be added extra turn signals to the front due to blocked lights w/ the push bar, i had a few questions. Specifically:
What rectangle lights would work with this?
Would the Amber police add-on style rectangle LED lights work for an application like this?- Reason i'm asking about this is they all have 10+ flashing modes, i'm not 100% on if i can keep them set to steady on/off, and if they would even function correctly once wired to the daytime running lights/turn signals.
(Checked local Arizona laws, and i can have these on the front (max 4 extra lights on the front end, Amber/White only)).

Total mods in picture are just CIA, Side lights, and push bar, since then ive put on the rear LED reflector replacements.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,027 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) I'm a fan of the black :)

A Guy

·
Registered
2011 392 SRT, 2010 R/T Classic, 2019 R/T Plus, 2016 SXT Plus
442 Posts
A. I'd love to put that push bar on one of my Challengers - the start of a General Lee tribute.

B. Never had issues going fast. I got the 392 up to 155mph on a dead patch of highway. It hits 113mph at the end of the 1/4 mile at drag strips. I'm glad the push bar helped you out, but it should not have been needed.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,542 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts