Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, hope you are well after the July 4th festivities!

Long time lurker, finally decided to make an account. I am planning on purchasing my first ever non-commuter car after wanting a Challenger for over 9 years. I test drove a 3.6, 5.7 and 6.2 in recent months and have found that the Pentastar fits my likings the best.

I seem to be set on an AWD Go-ManGo SXT w/ the Blacktop Package and possibly Cold Weather Group to keep me comfy in the winter. The amount of room in the car, compared to my Kia, blew my mind. Being 6'7" usually sucks for most cars, and I thought that I would never fit in a muscle car. Would most likely 50/50 my commute between the Kia and the Challenger (will likely swing more towards the Challenger after getting it).

I am looking to dealer order the car as I have yet to see one with the above packages/color locally (within 250 mi), but I do not know how late in the year it is possible to order as I am looking to have as high of a down payment as possible come time to pay (looking at ordering last week of July/first week of August, take delivery around October). I haven't managed to find any info on the 2020 order banks or any insight from dealers (as I assume they want to get rid of existing lot vehicles). I have never ordered before but have done tons of research about it in recent weeks.

Any info regarding ordering would be appreciated.

Thank you, and I look forward to being active in this community!

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,528 Posts
Good luck with your purchase/order. A lot of members here are up on the order ins and outs and will chime in. For some the wait time/anticipation becomes maddening. I’ve never ordered a car myself. I have zero issues in traveling a bit to buy one....it’s part of the adventure. Good luck, and welcome.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts

May not be the “one”, but they’re out there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow! Don't know why those didn't pop up before. Could have been my filters. Thanks! The first has pretty much every possible option on it, but for a rather hefty price. Almost could sport a R/T for that price. I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Go to the dealer website. It reflects power dollar rebates. Looking in CO, ID, or WY should yield a lot of AWD cars. Good luck. No AWD in the RT as you know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I noticed that. 36k is much more reasonable, but I was looking at keeping it sub-32k which is why I was looking at the SXT instead of the GT. The R/T I tested was a fun drive, but not having AWD at times here can be horrible.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,638 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,679 Posts
Welcome from California ;) I believe order banks for 2020 close 1st week of September, so your timeline is good. No idea if the $10 per HP discount will still be in effect then

A Guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everybody! I greatly appreciate the info @A Guy . I had a feeling it was ending sometime late Q3, early Q4. I am excited to soon have one of my own!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts