Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Most will say ur first mod should be a catch can. My first mod will be a barton shifter when they r available. Auto or stick?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is auto! I'm thinking bout taking the stripe off and paint the center black from front to back. Exhaust also magnaflow

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Wow, you got the anti-gravity option! Saaaaweeeet!

Just kidding... x2 on the catch can.

Reactions: shiftintohigh

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Congrats...I'm assuming you have a 10 V6 so you really need to decide 1. what's my budget? and 2. am I more interested in performance or appearance mods?.
I have a 09 V6 3.5L and if you want serious performance gains then you're going to need to drop a lot of coin (a lot being relative to the owner I know)
I recommend appearance mods, maybe upgrade the exhaust if you want a beefier sound.
Anyway search the threads and you'll have many ideas in short order

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all!! I want to get my challenger at least to 350 hp and change the look slightly!! It's pretty hard to find a matching rim with the white stripe!! Me myself wouldn't mind dark rims with either a black stripe or the black two tone look!!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Thanks to all!! I want to get my challenger at least to 350 hp and change the look slightly!! It's pretty hard to find a matching rim with the white stripe!! Me myself wouldn't mind dark rims with either a black stripe or the black two tone look!!
You're gonna need forced induction for that and that isn't cheap. Very pretty car. The paint looks incredible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dallas member here

Whats up y'all.....

I have 2013 Challenger SXT plus black with white strip going down the middle front to back, Im trying to add some things to it such as, sunroof, backup camera, LED fog lights, and make it sound a lot better as well. Any suggestion would help.

Thanks guys,

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I'm going to say something that probably won't go well with some, but the OP did ask for suggestions, so here's mine: First, I love to mod my cars just as well as the next guy. To the OP, the black out thing has been done over, and over, and over, and over, till it's laughable. Your car is different as is, first, don't see many Bayswater Blue cars, the white sets it of perfectly. Do a search on black cars here on the forum and you'll see a bunch with black wheels and black stripes and black windows. Wanna set your car apart? Leave it as is. There are plenty here that have done classy engine appearance mods to set their cars apart, or interior upgrades, like Katskins, etc. JMHO.
2nd, you're wasting your money on performance mods, as when you get a little you'll want more, and although I like all Challengers, modding a V6 for power is an exercise in futility. At most, you'll get to RT range. You'd be much better off trading up to an RT or SRT as money allows. In the meantime enjoy the heck out of what you have. You will be throwing away good money over bad, trying to get serious performance from a V6.
To the last poster that wants a sunroof, same thing, sell what you have and get a Challenger that has a factory sunroof. Putting an aftermarket one in yours is only throwing away money. The car will never be worth what a factory sunroof car is; and, you're taking the chance at a shoddy install with leaks. Again, this is JMHO, take it or leave it, in the end, your car, your money.:banger:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts