Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 1987 Chrysler Lebaron Turbo just died on me... And now I'm about to purchase a Dodge Challenger! I'm so excited. I absolutely love the retro look.

I was THIS close to buying a 2010 RT/Classic... but had to wait on a few things.

Now I am thinking about getting the 2011 SE (or RALLYE)... I kind of think it would be cool to own a first edition Pentastar... call me crazy.

I was told that I should upgrade the RT/Classic and get the Super Track Package.

I read that this isn't necessary with the 2011 models, for the upgrades have already been included in the stock options. Is this true?

What things should I consider?

Any advice is welcome.

Like my Lebaron, I'm hoping this car lasts 20+ years. But, I do want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything (only to find out later).

Leather seats & Electronics Conv. Group seems like the way to go. But is the Super Sport Group necessary? I could also live w/out the touchscreen stuff. Too much for me.

Can I get the leather with the SE or is it only an option with the Rallye?

Interior Appearance Group package doesn't have much (except I do want the premium mats and sports pedal pads).

The Rallye Appearance Package offers the rear spoiler and striping... Kind of want the side stripes.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

It all depends if you are planning to do modifications and take her to the track. Keep in mind that the 2010 can be modified and tuned, where the 2011 it will be some time before you can get tuning. I am not sure of what is available on the SE trims but go bump around the SE section and ask the guys about the options available I'm sure you will get your questions answered. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I GOT IT!

2010 SE G package (Rallye). Words cannot express the joy I have driving this vehicle. 28,500. Not a penny more.

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
cool - howdy from a San Antone SE :) be sure to check out Texas Outlaw Challengers (144 members) in the Mid- South forum

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
The Challenger will change your life and the website will empty your wallet "just to many good ideas and things to do on here" I love my SE but i would love to have a R/T Classic you cant go wrong. Which part of Dallas are you in, i live in the Garland Area!

Maybe you can answer this or someone else.... Is there Challenger Club in the DFW Area??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Challenger will change your life and the website will empty your wallet "just to many good ideas and things to do on here" I love my SE but i would love to have a R/T Classic you cant go wrong. Which part of Dallas are you in, i live in the Garland Area!

Maybe you can answer this or someone else.... Is there Challenger Club in the DFW Area??

Yeah... I was so close to getting the RT back in December. But I wanted leather seats. That was a dealbreak for me. Even tho they can be an issue here in Texas, right! They also didn't have the rims I wanted.

Anyway.... I live practically right across the street from Jerry's bubble (what was a bubble) in Valley Ranch. I have no idea about a club, let me know if you find one. I hope they don't look down their noses at my V^. My uncle and dad were pushing me to get the HP, but when I discovered my wife is expecting... I just didn't want to get above 30K.

As for the 28,500 price prof. I hear 'ya. But I did the leg work... Checked with Kelly's Blue book. A used 2010 SE fully-loaded should go for about 24,900. Must cars decerase in value when you drive them off the lot, so seeing a dip 3,600 seemed reasonable.

As for the striping... The dealer is taking off the Rallye stripes (down middle of car on hood/trunk). I'm getting double-grey stripes on the sides.

I love the car. Sure, door handle is too low, the rear visibility not great, the wiper/blinker handles not anything special and the horn is weak... But everything else is great. The ride. The leather seats. The touchscreen radio. The roomy interior. I'm satisified.

I wasn't looking for HP, loud engine, and all that vroom. The slightly highes gas mileage is appealing... But the exterior is fantastic. I love looking at the car. The leather steering wheel and the cockpit is fine by me.

I'm going to start thinking about upgrades and add-ons. Oh joy! SE has the touring suspension... not sure if it needs the Super Track back? Any other cool ideas?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome! Nothing wrong with a V6... These are great cars as are many of the folks who own them... Do check out the Texas Outlaw Challengers when you get a chance. Enjoy your new ride!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts