Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT8 2014
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

After a Sebring convertible, a 300 C Hemi, a Commander Hemi and another 300C (3,2 Diesel)
I got an new SRT 8 392 in 2014 and I´m still totally happy with it.
My wife got an C7 convertible last year after six years with her C6 Grand Sport Convertible

Greetings from South West Germany, Palatina

Stephan

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,755 Posts
Welcome from California Stephan ;)

A Guy

Reactions: germanchally

·
Registered
Challenger SRT8 2014
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, Nürburgring is so cool. I did that already with the Chally. Also, twice Hockenheim and a French circuit called Anneau Du Rhin, near Straßburg, where the Bugattis are testing. That was awesome.

Going with the Chally on the race track is like swimming with an aircraft carrier in the bathtub :) So, therefore, I made some mods from the beginning:

- "Kraftwerk"-Chiptuning and "Diablo" Motormanagement (from 470 to 500 hp)
for better gas-reaction and better draft.
- performance throttle, performance catalyzer and 83°Celsius-Thermostat
- KW V2 suspension
- performance stabilizers
- massive bar under the hood
- Oil Catch Can
- extra engine-cooler
- extra transmission-cooler
- metal brake pipes
- michelin sport cup 2 tires
- blastin bobs exhaust

Now it works on the track. :grin2:

Reactions: MiHiHemi

·
Super Moderator
14,216 Posts
Welcome to the forum. How many Challengers do you see in Germany? I'll bet it is a rare occurrence. Does your car attract a lot of attention?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT8 2014
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Cuda,

Well- a good question. Hmh. In my area (in the middle of Ramstein Airport and Heidelberg) I know only two other Challengers in a circle of about 15mls. Therefore we have a lot of Mustangs an a couple of Camaros driving around.

"Attracting attention" is a massive understatement. :)
Driving the Challenger in public is like being satisfied by ten naked supermodels in the middle of the road. LOL.

You earn only positive reactions.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,144 Posts
Yeah, Nürburgring is so cool. I did that already with the Chally. Also, twice Hockenheim and a French circuit called Anneau Du Rhin, near Straßburg, where the Bugattis are testing. That was awesome.

Going with the Chally on the race track is like swimming with an aircraft carrier in the bathtub :) So, therefore, I made some mods from the beginning:

- "Kraftwerk"-Chiptuning and "Diablo" Motormanagement (from 470 to 500 hp)
for better gas-reaction and better draft.
- performance throttle, performance catalyzer and 83°Celsius-Thermostat
- KW V2 suspension
- performance stabilizers
- massive bar under the hood
- Oil Catch Can
- extra engine-cooler
- extra transmission-cooler
- metal brake pipes
- michelin sport cup 2 tires
- blastin bobs exhaust

Now it works on the track. :grin2:
Welcome to the forum Stephan! :cheers:

Have you taken your Wife's C7 on "The Ring"?

If so, how does it compare to your SRT?

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,718 Posts
Willkommen aus dem wilden Westen!

·
Registered
478 Posts
How does it drive on the autobahn?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT8 2014
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well Freddy,

longer story.......:grin2:

We bought the C6 Convertible for my wife as her daily driver in 2011. The reason why we got it as a grand sport was that I want to go on the track with it.
So, the first time in Papenburg, a Mercedes test circuit in the north, everything was fine.
Half year later, I went to Sachsenring- a famous moto GP racetrack in the east. I got off the track half side and went through the gravel bed. The C6 looked like being shot with an machine gun. :crying:
In that time I was driving a 300C. After Sachsenring my wife said "you can drive any car, but no longer mine" ! :surprise:

So the SRT8 came in our family. :grin2: I never regret that.:x

A C6 or now the C7, which is such a huge difference in performance and qualitiy standard than the C6, is a real race car.
A Challenger, in comparison to the Corvette, its more like an aircraft carrier on the track, as I already told you.
But within all the mods now, its drivable on track.

I am not doing that to fight an M3 or a Porsche or something else. That would be ridiculous.
I do that for fun. And my SRT8 is so much fun. Pure testosterone.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT8 2014
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@ gila: Danke Schön :thumbsup:

@sctm: As you know, we are allowed to go at high speed on several sections of our interstates. As often as I can I go on higher speed but not for maximum. The Challenger is still safe until 260-270 km/h. Above 270, and more above 280 to 300 (the maximum I made was 305 km/h, with means 290 km/h on the GPS) the car gets so light in the front, because of less down force, that it starts drifting if you don't pay attention. You have to hold the steering wheel very strong.
It's not really safe.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,060 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
@ gila: Danke Schön :thumbsup:

@sctm: As you know, we are allowed to go at high speed on several sections of our interstates. As often as I can I go
on higher speed but not for maximum. The challenger ist still save until 260-270 km/h. Above 270, and more above 280 to 300
(the maximum I made was 305 km/h, with means 290 km/h on the gps) the car gets so light in the front, cause of too less downforce,
that it starts commuting if you dont pay attention. You have to hold the steering wheel very strong.
Its not really unsafe, but its no longer safe.
You might want to consider installing a splitter on your Challenger to increase the downforce and improve handling.

You may also want to check out this forum if you don't already know about it: Challenger-Forum :: Das deutschsprachige Forum rund um den Dodge Challenger

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,144 Posts
Well Freddy,

longer story.......:grin2:

We bought the C6 Convertible for my wife as her daily driver in 2011. The reason why we got it as a grand sport was,
that I wanna go on the track with it.
So, the first time in Papenburg, a mMrcedes test circuit in the north, everything was fine.
Half year later in went to Sachsenring, famous Moto GP racetrack in the east, I got off the track half side and went through the gravel bed. The C6 looked like being shoot with an machine gun. :crying:
In that time I was driving a 300C. After Sachsenring my wife said "you can drive any car, but no longer mine" ! :surprise:

So the SRT8 came in our family. :grin2: I never regret that.:x

A C6 or now the C7, which is such a huge difference in performance and qualitiy standard than the C6, is a real race car.
A Challenger, in comparison to the Corvette, its more like an aircraft carrier on the track, as I already told you.
But within all the mods now, its drivable on track.

I am not doing that to fight an M3 or a Porsche or something else. That would be ridiculous.
I do that for fun. And my SRT8 is so much fun. Pure testosterone.
Thanks for the reply! :cheers:

That line from your Wife made me laugh out loud because it sounds like something that mine would say too!

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,057 Posts
Servus Germanchally,

Where at in South Western Germany are you? I am near Stuttgart, between Sindelfingen/Böblingen and Pforzheim.

Ich bin hier stationiert mit das US Army für das dritte mal. Ich liebe hier wohnen mit mein Challenger. Ich habe auch das letzte mal das ich hier war am Nürburgring gefahren. Echt cool! Ich finde einfach durch das Schwarzwald fahren viel Spaß. Nah, vielleicht treffen wir mal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT8 2014
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@ gila, @ hemi1031:

The splitter is cool. hemi, your car looks awesome. Within two fixpoints or four, like hemi1031, am I able to get a permission for that in germany, for our "TÜV" ?

@ gila: I know the german challengerforum. I am already a member since 2014. ;)

@ hemi1031: I live exactly in the middle between Kaiserslautern and Mannheim, at the "german winestreet"

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
@ gila, @ hemi1031:

The splitter is cool. hemi, your car looks awesome. Within two fixpoints or four, like hemi1031, am I able to get a permission for that in germany, for our "TÜV" ?

@ gila: I know the german challengerforum. I am already a member since 2014. ;)

@ hemi1031: I live exactly in the middle between Kaiserslautern and Mannheim, at the "german winestreet"
Who knows what the TÜV will require? It's been my experience that they mostly like poking holes in cars and making everyone spend a lot of money.

BTW, what's your handle on the German forum?

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Great ride Stephan, welcome to the forum.
Stephen

1 - 20 of 32 Posts