Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say hi to everyone as I'm a new member of the forum. I signed up just now since I oredered a new 2011 Challenger SRT earlier today. It's fully loaded with every possible option and an automatic (I wanted an auto) with Red Line paint. Delivery date is March 14th and I cant wait! I've always wanted an SRT, I own a Top Banana Daytona right now. The Daytona will be traded in sorry to say but I look at it as I'm taking a big step up. But I will miss the Daytona since it's an 11 time trophy winner.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too but that's why I waited to order one. I was told 6-8 weeks from the date the order is placed so I'm looking at 8 weeks being March 14th.
Thanks for the welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Welcome from NYC!

I just picked up my brand new 2010 SRT8 and have not driven it in 3 weeks due to the weather I hate winter!!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Welcome from Scotch Plains, NJ! Tough time around here now, too much damn salt...I think your timing may be perfect, exciting times coming your way, of course you had some of that with the Daytona. Enjoy!:)

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Congrats on the SRT8.......Drove 3 of them while I was looking for mine. 1 new black one at one of the local dodge dealships. 2 used ones..... a numbered 2008 and a 2010 loaded red one. All of them were awesome. Unfortunately all of them were out of my price range. I'm really happy with my R/T but can't help but feel a little envy............you lucky bastard :thumbsup::bigthumb:

All kidding aside.................... WELCOME

·
Registered
653 Posts
Welcome Ron! Where in NJ are you from? I live in Wyckoff.
Congrats on ordering your 392! Hopefully this weather clears up in time for your car. I'll be driving mine when I get my license, about two weeks after you get your car. :thumbsup: Hope to see you at shows!

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome Ron! Where in NJ are you from? I live in Wyckoff.
Congrats on ordering your 392! Hopefully this weather clears up in time for your car. I'll be driving mine when I get my license, about two weeks after you get your car. :thumbsup: Hope to see you at shows!

I'm in Garfield, close to you, just a short ride up 208 north for me.
I usually go to The Whiskey Cafe' in Lyndhurst on Saturday's. This year the shows start up again May 7th. Hope to see you there also.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you everyone for the welcome's and friendly greetings. I always loved the Challenger since it was brought back and I always wanted an SRT but they were always out of my price range also. Since I've been driving my Charger since 2006, it's time for a new car. But with the mod's I've done to my Daytona (SLP Loudmouth1, high flow cat's, JBA shorties and a K&N CAI), for me to get an RT Challenger I'd be taking a step backwards performance wise and I might as well just keep my car. My track times with the Daytona are pretty impressive, my best time being 12.43 at 110.1mph, I wanted a car that I really didnt have to mod much to be fast. And I finally have my SRT. As of now my only planned mod's are sequential tail light's and when available, an SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome from NYC!

I just picked up my brand new 2010 SRT8 and have not driven it in 3 weeks due to the weather I hate winter!!

LOL, I cant stand the winter either. I'm ready for spring, even before I was planning on getting a new car. I'm a biker so cold weather/winter months arent my favorite time.

I have no choice but to drive my Charger in the snow since it's my everyday car and so will be the Challenger, even in the snow. But what able's me to get around is for the winter months, I put 4 Blizzack snow tire's on the car and it pretty much goes through anything. Ok, yeah, it had problems going through the 27" we got the day after Xmas but who didnt have a hard time getting around in that snow? I also plan on buying a set of 4 snow tire's for the Challenger to put on for next winter.

Good luck with your SRT and have fun with it when you are eventually able to drive it whenever this snow does melt.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Welcome from across the state line. :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
LOL, I cant stand the winter either. I'm ready for spring, even before I was planning on getting a new car. I'm a biker so cold weather/winter months arent my favorite time.

I have no choice but to drive my Charger in the snow since it's my everyday car and so will be the Challenger, even in the snow. But what able's me to get around is for the winter months, I put 4 Blizzack snow tire's on the car and it pretty much goes through anything. Ok, yeah, it had problems going through the 27" we got the day after Xmas but who didnt have a hard time getting around in that snow? I also plan on buying a set of 4 snow tire's for the Challenger to put on for next winter.

Good luck with your SRT and have fun with it when you are eventually able to drive it whenever this snow does melt.
Thanks and enjoy yours to when it finally gets delivered, mine is a weekend toy as I have company vehicle that gets me around in this horrible weather, my SRT8 has been sitting in my heated garage since I bought it.

Hope to meet alot of the NY/NJ/PA owners this summer at that track or meet and greets! :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts