Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my name is Adam. I've been wanting a challenger for a long time now and have been eyeing used ones for almost 2 years now. I really want it as a third car and need to pay off my current car (2016 WRX, yeah I know...) and my wife drives a 2004 Nissan 350z. We like our cars but I've test driven and always wanted a challenger. I'm looking at R/Ts. Really want the super track pak (not necessary) and 6 speed. As far as used challengers go, what should I look out for? I really like this black one but concered that 69k miles is a lot but the price tag is OH SO SWEET. 19k with wiggle room. I'd actually consider trading the wrx for the challenger. My wrx has 70600 miles.

Here's the one Autotrader - page unavailable

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,784 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Awesome ! Challenger is excellent choice ! Welcome from Virginia,
Spend that money,,,,
Keep that economy Moving !

Hope you find a good Challenger !
Have a good one,
parrott

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
8,888 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi guys, my name is Adam. I've been wanting a challenger for a long time now and have been eyeing used ones for almost 2 years now. I really want it as a third car and need to pay off my current car (2016 WRX, yeah I know...) and my wife drives a 2004 Nissan 350z. We like our cars but I've test driven and always wanted a challenger. I'm looking at R/Ts. Really want the super track pak (not necessary) and 6 speed. As far as used challengers go, what should I look out for? I really like this black one but concered that 69k miles is a lot but the price tag is OH SO SWEET. 19k with wiggle room. I'd actually consider trading the wrx for the challenger. My wrx has 70600 miles.

Here's the one Autotrader - page unavailable
welcome, dont be afraid of the millage in challenger or charger as long as they kept decent they seem to last long. My next question is what trim models are you looking for i see you mention the R/T so i am assuming the 5.7 hemi?

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,144 Posts
Yeah, that is about as base of a R/T as you can find. It has zero additional options that you will be reading about. If it was uber low miles, maybe, but I bet there are a lot of others out there with more for less, or comparable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
welcome, dont be afraid of the millage in challenger or charger as long as they kept decent they seem to last long. My next question is what trim models are you looking for i see you mention the R/T so i am assuming the 5.7 hemi?
Yes 5.7 as it will be mostly likely a daily driver. I don't need the extra power of a scat or 2013-14 SRT8

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes 5.7 as it will be mostly likely a daily driver. I don't need the extra power of a scat or 2013-14 SRT8
you sure?
i loved the 5.7 i had in my Ram. I had a 06 STI car was fun too glad you joined the Mopar side i think its important for everyone to fine the right car.

like i said man if a car is kept well there should be no worries. Just inspect the body, tires,brakes (while test driving) how the car look inside and out. how the motor feels at idel (A/C off) and On.
check the oil pressure (usually digital clusters for that). throttle response. listen for hesitation that could be carbon build.

if you do buy it no harm in seafoaming it to clean the throttle body out.

make sure theres no leaks. no creaking sound from the joints.
all lights work.

rims arnt bent.

no improper spacing on the body panels

Personally i grew out of the manual only thing with the A8 ,and as a daily you may wanna consider that too, but sounds l;ike u found a good deal. I say go for it it feels right and buy a Hellcat lol , nah seriously hope it works out and post pictures and drive safe brother

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody
55 Posts
Welcome from NC the ride looks really good, as others have mentioned it may be a little higher priced for the options.

One thing I did want to mention when looking at the picture in the link you provided, the side view picture of the front rim close up showing the brake rotor wear I would really challenge that wear pattern it almost looks like the new '19 brake pads on the rear 4 piston Brembo brakes. Sorry got distracted but yeah I would take a closer look at those front brakes something doesn't seem right there.

Hope this helps and good luck with the purchase

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,144 Posts
Welcome from NC the ride looks really good, as others have mentioned it may be a little higher priced for the options.

One thing I did want to mention when looking at the picture in the link you provided, the side view picture of the front rim close up showing the brake rotor wear I would really challenge that wear pattern it almost looks like the new '19 brake pads on the rear 4 piston Brembo brakes. Sorry got distracted but yeah I would take a closer look at those front brakes something doesn't seem right there.

Hope this helps and good luck with the purchase
I agree, probably just lot rot, and a nice test drive will clear them up, but definitely make sure. With 77 pics, they sure are proud of it! It does look super clean, but there is probably thousands of dollars less equipment than the average R/T out there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts