Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to do an introduction:
I'm new to the forum but not new to the STR Life Style, I just upgraded from my 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8 to the new, 2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody.

Gettin her Shine On!

She had gotten Dirty, and needed to be cleaned lol

BURN RUBER, AND NOT YOUR SOUL!!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,585 Posts
Welcome from the Bay Area ;) Congrats (y)

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,623 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome. I’m itchin to cruise Highway 2 the Angeles Crest from Pasadena to wherever it goes. Are there enough restaurants and services open to make this possible right now? View attachment 999026
Only restaurant in Angeles National Forest is the Newcomb Ranch on ACH. Better check and see if they are open due to restrictions on restaurants. At the bottom of ACH in LaCanada/Flintridge, there are plenty of restaurants in the shopping center just below the Shell station. I was up there last week with my Challenger. Weather was perfect and I saw lots of Challengers and Chargers going up ACH. I took ACH to Angeles Forest Hwy and then took Upper Big Tujunga Rd. back to ACH. If you do this route, just turn left when you hit ACH and Newcomb's isn't that far. I may go back up there tomorrow. My initial plans were to Little Tujunga Canyon Rd. up to Placerita Canyon Rd or Sand Canyon Rd. Have fun. The Challenger handles great up there but watch out for the motorcycles and the bicyclists.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Wow. Thanks. I’ll pm you if I get down there mid August as planned. What foam wash did you use in the pics?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wow. Thanks. I’ll pm you if I get down there mid August as planned. What foam wash did you use in the pics?
We had a great ride on Little Tujunga Road all the way up to the top of the canyon which becomes Sand Canyon Rd. in Santa Clarita. There was almost no traffic on the road and the scenery was excellent except the conditions are very dry and the vegetation has all turned brown.
As far as a foam cannon, I have never used one. In fact, I have never washed my car with water in the almost 2 1/2 years that I have owned it. I use a CA Duster almost everyday and I go over the car with McGuire's Waterless Wash and Wax when it starts to use it's luster. I also use this product on the rims if they are only lightly dusted. My car is only driven on weekends and spends the rest of the time in my garage.
Please do PM me if you are in the area.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We had a great ride on Little Tujunga Road all the way up to the top of the canyon which becomes Sand Canyon Rd. in Santa Clarita. There was almost no traffic on the road and the scenery was excellent except the conditions are very dry and the vegetation has all turned brown.
As far as a foam cannon, I have never used one. In fact, I have never washed my car with water in the almost 2 1/2 years that I have owned it. I use a CA Duster almost everyday and I go over the car with McGuire's Waterless Wash and Wax when it starts to use it's luster. I also use this product on the rims if they are only lightly dusted. My car is only driven on weekends and spends the rest of the time in my garage.
Please do PM me if you are in the area.
Mine is a daily driver, even though I have a few motorcycles, and a SUV, so I tend to wash, and use a foam cannon every weekend, I don't scrub, or use a sponge, just hit it with water via the pressure washer, then foam cannon, wait for all the dirt, and dust to go down hit it with the pressure washer again, and dry. 😀

I'd be down to do some runs, and if you all get together maybe weeknights let me know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wash that yellow thing off.
Congrats on a great car
Thanks
LOL, I wanted to remove the Yellow thing as you call it, but my daughter likes it, and so the Yellow things staying for the time being.
I've got 13 going on 14 yr old twins, and my daughter is an old soul as in has been listening to the Rat Pack since she was 6, and does so everyday in her room, she also loves muscle cars, she wants me to get her a 1973 Dodge Challenger for her 1st car, she's found the one she wants, and hopefully everything goes well, we'll be getting it, and keeping it for her until she get her drivers license.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice. Get her a 70 or 71 instead.
I found a 70 with a 440 Magnum engine, she doesn't like the color, I might just buy that, and get it wrapped the color she wants, and she'll have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 25 Posts