Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RT 5.7 M6
18 Posts
We had a great ride on Little Tujunga Road all the way up to the top of the canyon which becomes Sand Canyon Rd. in Santa Clarita. There was almost no traffic on the road and the scenery was excellent except the conditions are very dry and the vegetation has all turned brown.
As far as a foam cannon, I have never used one. In fact, I have never washed my car with water in the almost 2 1/2 years that I have owned it. I use a CA Duster almost everyday and I go over the car with McGuire's Waterless Wash and Wax when it starts to use it's luster. I also use this product on the rims if they are only lightly dusted. My car is only driven on weekends and spends the rest of the time in my garage.
Please do PM me if you are in the area.
What other roads in the area do you recommend? During the pandemic I've been driving ACH and/or AFH a few times a month. Occasionally Big and Upper Big Tujunga. Some time ago I read about routes for motorcycles, and I wrote some down that might be good for cars. Here's what I've got on my list to try:

Kanan Dume
Decker (CA-23)
Latigo
Mullholland Highway (not Drive)
San Gabriel Canyon (CA-39) from Azusa to where it's closed

Would you recommend (or recommend against) any of those? Any others?
Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
What other roads in the area do you recommend? During the pandemic I've been driving ACH and/or AFH a few times a month. Occasionally Big and Upper Big Tujunga. Some time ago I read about routes for motorcycles, and I wrote some down that might be good for cars. Here's what I've got on my list to try:

Kanan Dume
Decker (CA-23)
Latigo

Thanks.
I ride motorcycles as well, and I've taken all those roads. Mullholland is great just be very careful as there are Sheriffs up on top at the snake, and if you go a bit over the line they will definitely pull you over. The views are beautiful from the top, and you continue through the other side you'll end up at PCH which is really fun mainly straightaways with nice sweepers. Look at Sand Canyon as well again these are tighter twists but fun.

·
Registered
167 Posts

Kanan Dume
Decker (CA-23)
Latigo

Thanks.
All of the one's you mentioned are good. Also GMR (Glendora Mountain Road) to Glendora Ridge Road & then either up or down on Mt. Baldy Road. Check with the Forest Service as some of these roads are closed. GMR & GRR have been closed due to fire hazards. The trip we took last Sunday up Little Tujunga Canyon Rd. was excellent and almost no traffic. You access LTCR off of Osbourne exit on the 210 frwy. Turn right and go a few blocks and turn left and you on on LTCR.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts