Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all my name is Jim and I am the proud owner of a new 2018 Dodge Challenger R/T 6spd. Picked it up yesterday and cant wait to get it broke in and do some serious cruising :grin2:. This will be my official brand new car, always bought used but not this time. I feel like a kid again but now I don't need permission to take the car out, because it's all mine:banger:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I've had my R/T for over 5 years and I feel exactly the way you do.....every single time I drive it (daily driver 72 miles round trip from March until November.) By the way....love the all-black look very sinister. First R/T I've seen without HEMI badges on the scoops. My black R/T classic has red leather and came with Mineral Gray ENVY 5-spoke wheels. I'm about to pull the trigger on some satin-black after-market wheels. When it comes to Challengers....once you go BLACK you never go back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I love the all black on this car. I thought about some matte black stripes across the top to make it stand out more. First thing I need to do is some tint to the windows, is going to be summer soon.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I dunno, man. That black-all-over vibe is wicked. Have you considered the Satin Black Hood/Roof/Decklid, a-la, the T/A? I think there are vinyl wraps available for all of these.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congratulations!!! What a wonderful time in your life this must be. Welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
694 Posts
welcome from west county stl. i'm sure will enjoy your new challenger as i enjoy mine.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
Welcome from California Jim ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone, and that is a good idea about the satin black hood/roof/deck lid I will consider it. The hardest part I have right now is keeping my foot out of it during the break in period, just got to 121 miles last night. How long have you guys waited for your fist oil change?

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Thanks everyone, and that is a good idea about the satin black hood/roof/deck lid I will consider it. The hardest part I have right now is keeping my foot out of it during the break in period, just got to 121 miles last night. How long have you guys waited for your fist oil change?
Here comes the controversy. Personally, when you get over 1K, or less. Check you oil in a few hundred miles. When you wipe the stick look at the rag. It'll be full of shiny metal particulate. I personally like that OUT asap! I did mine at 1400 miles wish I did it sooner. Others will wait the 6000 mi. Let us know. Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts