Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Been lurking here for about a month now and am about to be the proud new owner of an Indigo Blue scat pack. I hashed out a deal yesterday at my local dealership here in town with only 2 cars in the state that had the options and color I wanted. I'm just waiting to hear back on if they are able to get this one from the other dealership and as long as that goes through then it's a done deal. The wait is killing me!! Didn't think it would take this long just to find out if they can get it so I figure I'll kill some time on here and stop annoying my dealer lol.

Little bit about what brought me here; I've been a mustang guy my whole life and have owned 5 of them (still have my latest one). I took a trip up north to visit my family about a month ago and rented an r/t through the Hertz adrenaline collection. Turned out that when I picked it up they gave me a scat pack instead, that was a nice surprise! The challenger had never really been on my radar before but man let me tell you, those 3 days with that scat pack made me completely fall in love with the car. I put 500 miles on it and never wanted to get out. I spent the next month after my trip reading all about them and figuring out what I would like to have, this forum has been great so far helping with that!

Looking forward to getting to know you all, and of course pics will follow once she's in my driveway :grin2:

-KP

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,643 Posts
Welcome from California KP ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome from S. FL...Pompano Beach

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Welcome from Maryland!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I like that story KP. Here's hoping everything works out for you! Now you will tell us won't you??? Most people fall off the map for a week or so before they get "around" to telling or showing us. Because they were having too much "fun" in their cars. We'll be waiting. Btw: the waiting IS the hardest part.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like that story KP. Here's hoping everything works out for you! Now you will tell us won't you??? Most people fall off the map for a week or so before they get "around" to telling or showing us. Because they were having too much "fun" in their cars. We'll be waiting. Btw: the waiting IS the hardest part.
The waiting really is the hardest part, and yes I will definitely keep you guys updated.

I talked to my dealer late yesterday and found out that there is a deposit down on the car but the other guy might not be able to come up with the money. He has until Monday and if he can't get it then it's mine. This is going to be the longest wait of my life!

-KP

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,027 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, the dealership that has the car is closed today so I won't find anything out until tomorrow. Time to go out and wrench in the garage so the suspense doesn't kill me.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
tick tick tick tick tick tick...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
tick tick tick tick tick tick...
It's killing me! Just got off the phone with my dealer and this other guy has until the end of the day today to bring in a check or it's mine. I guess they forgot that Monday was a holiday when they originally said he had till then. :|

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :) You will find a wealth of kowledge on this forum.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I didn't get this one I was hoping for. The other guy was able to come up with the money to buy it. I'm a little bummed, but the good news is that now I can order one exactly the way I want it with the dynamics package that this other one didn't have. Now to wait about 6 times longer than this lol, but it will be worth it!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Goodness, the back and forth with all of this. Dealer called and the other guy backed out so it's mine!! Should be here in the next couple days!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts