Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I recently have been given the opportunity to drive a 2015 SXT at work and am loving it. I had considered purchasing an SXT (not work related) in the past but have been holding off until the kiddos are out of college. On that line of thought, has anyone here successfully gotten their kids out of college? I mainly came here to see if anyone had any experience with swapping out an SRT intake with the SXT's factory box. I'm not sure what the differences are but a friend, with an '09 SRT, said that the Hemi/SRT intakes breathe significantly better.
I'd appreciate any thoughts regarding this!

Thanks,

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Congrats and welcome from Hellinois. Out of college? Usually a 4 year process. Never had kids but I have seen it done.
In and out. Degree in hand.........for what ever that was worth. 2 kind a LOT, 1 not so much...........
Don't let them grow old there..... they charge big money!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,787 Posts
Welcome from California Jim ;) I don't think the SRT box would show much difference, if any. You could go the Hellcat lower and tube as probably best breathing. I don't think our engines want for any more air to be honest.

A Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guy,

Where are you in California? I was stationed a little south of Susanville back in 90-93. For my 20 years out, I rode my old Harley back up there and then down the PCH. Amazing trip!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome from California Jim ;) I don't think the SRT box would show much difference, if any. You could go the Hellcat lower and tube as probably best breathing. I don't think our engines want for any more air to be honest.

A Guy

You know........nobody EVER considers that!!! Absolutely right.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,787 Posts
Thanks Guy,

Where are you in California? I was stationed a little south of Susanville back in 90-93. For my 20 years out, I rode my old Harley back up there and then down the PCH. Amazing trip!
San Francisco peninsula, Bay Area ;) 5 hours+ from Susanville

A Guy

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts