Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I just recently registered after finally deciding on going with a Challenger. I've wanted one since they were released, but at the time I had a new car already, so I decided to wait.

I'm interested in an RT Shaker model. I've been in contact with a Dodge rep, we've been playing phone tag but I setup an appointment this Saturday. My question is will I still be able to order a build for an RT Shaker for 2014 or am I stuck waiting for next year? And if so, when do orders for the new 2015 one start?

The rep that left me a voicemail was confident that an RT Shaker model could be built to order, and the option is still shown online at their website, but for some reason I don't trust car dealers much :2232censored:. I was under the impression these were somewhat limited, or was that just the first batch that were "limited edition"?

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
2014 rt shaker
750 Posts
You will not be able to order one, but the sales person might be able to find you one with all the options you want.
They only made 2000 shakers in 2014, and they are all numbered.

The 2015s will have some changes, decide which version you prefer and go from there.
Not sure when order banks will open up for the 2015s, but I'm pretty sure they are closed on all 2014s by now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will not be able to order one, but the sales person might be able to find you one with all the options you want.
They only made 2000 shakers in 2014, and they are all numbered.

The 2015s will have some changes, decide which version you prefer and go from there.
Not sure when order banks will open up for the 2015s, but I'm pretty sure they are closed on all 2014s by now.

Thanks for the reply. Possibly, it's a long shot though to get exactly what I want out of only 2000 :icon_evil: When you say the "order banks" is that something that is posted online or you just go to the dealer and they do the order for you? I like the neon green color that will be available next year, however I would have been happy with the orange one from 2014.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I'd wait for the 2015's if I were you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd wait for the 2015's if I were you.

I may not have a choice :-/ It's just as well I'm really wanting the one pictured below. I'm not really willing to pay extra for a limited edition to 2000 for 2014. Does anyone know if the shaker package will be limited again in 2015 or will it just be a regular package?

·
Registered
15,838 Posts
Shaker production in 2015 will start later than standard Challengers, possibly not until January 2015.

Order banks for standard Challengers open June 9th, not sure about Shakers.

Sublime Green will be available in 2015 but Header Orange will not (might be added later but not yet anyway).

In 2014, there were/will be only 2,225 cars built (2,000 US, 125 Canadian, 100 Mopar 14 Shakers), in 2015 they will not be limited.

Dealer can no longer order a 2014 but there are still quite a few in the pipeline or on dealer lots to pick from.

The car pictured is a 5.7L R/T Plus Shaker and looks nice, good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts