Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger R/T
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just here to say hello. Also i had a question on wheels. I talked to two tire shops and both told me i got the best tires i could get (stock) and recommended not to go for a wider tire. But i want wider tires, maybe 275/40-20s all around? Any advice?
20200516_181330_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just here to say hello. Also i had a question on wheels. I talked to two tire shops and both told me i got the best tires i could get (stock) and recommended not to go for a wider tire. But i want wider tires, maybe 275/40-20s all around? Any advice? View attachment 995136 View attachment 995137
275/40's will work best with the scat pack stock rims, I have them on all 4 corners assuming all 4 rims are the same width, If you want wider you will be best off switching to wider rims. Going much wider will require some calculations and/or experimentation as far as spacing the wheels out so you don't have any interference.

The way I look at it, if I have a 9 inch rim wide even if I go a wider tire I am still putting 9 inches of rubber on the street

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
Here's 275/40R20 Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S on my 9" WP3 wheels.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Shaker 6 spd manual 18 spkrs Harmon Kardon
157 Posts
275/40's will work best with the scat pack stock rims, I have them on all 4 corners assuming all 4 rims are the same width, If you want wider you will be best off switching to wider rims. Going much wider will require some calculations and/or experimentation as far as spacing the wheels out so you don't have any interference.

The way I look at it, if I have a 9 inch rim wide even if I go a wider tire I am still putting 9 inches of rubber on the street

I smile reading that as it is the reality! Wider too often is for looks...

·
Registered
337 Posts
I smile reading that as it is the reality! Wider too often is for looks...
Of course is for looks but you can’t expect better grip or performance, it’s like eye candy it serves no purpose just purely cosmetics, like a badge lol

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,957 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
337 Posts
Just here to say hello. Also i had a question on wheels. I talked to two tire shops and both told me i got the best tires i could get (stock) and recommended not to go for a wider tire. But i want wider tires, maybe 275/40-20s all around? Any advice? View attachment 995136 View attachment 995137
To answer your question we need to know your current tire size and your current rim width as well, i am assuming you have the 245 tires?

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,511 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
:unsure:You look a little young to be driving that race car.......just sayin (y)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yeah stock 245. Is the grip even worth the money?
Your rim is 8 inch wide, I personally would go past 255, that’s my personal opinion, for the 275 tire manufacturers suggest no less than 9 inch wide, I am not sure if you will get into problem for running the tire out of manufacture specs, if you want wider tires then get wider rims, once again your rims are 8 inches wide so if you have 245, 255 or 275 you are still only putting 8 inches of rubber on the road so no additional grip, and my personal opinion idk why dodge made those 8 inch wide rims with 245 not enough meat to even for the RTs 5.7L, they should have made the 9 inch 275 as a standard

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger R/T
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see, thank yall. Ima sit at 245 till the tire needs to be change, than maybe go 275.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts