Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd say hi! Couldn't post for the longest time. Omicron got me fixed up so here I am. I bought my 2010 Challenger R/T Classic in Plum Crazy Purple almost 3 months ago. I drove it for a couple of months and it was making me sick the amount of mileage I was putting on it. Almost 70 miles per day round trip to work. I went and bought an old Lexus for 850.00 to drive to and from work. The savings in gasoline will pay for the car in short order and the drop in insurance from driving that much to hardly at all pays for the insurance on the beater. Now, she's locked in the garage under her cover and comes out on nice weekends to play. Did her first oil change before putting her up. Royal Purple 5W-20 with a Royal Purple oil filter. Seemed only fitting. Have already got some projects going. Can't wait to share them.
Thanks!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Welcome. What part of Oklahoma? I spent about 8 years in Owasso.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I am in Edmond. Work at Tinker Air Force Base.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another Okie! First time I went to Oklahoma City I had no idea Tinker had runways right next to the interstate until an AWACS came off the runway. Scared the crap out of me :)

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Howdie and welcome from a former Bartlesville and Stillwater Oklahoman.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First time I went to Oklahoma City I had no idea Tinker had runways right next to the interstate until an AWACS came off the runway. Scared the crap out of me :)
Thats funny, second week on the job, left work, lost in my own thoughts, got on I-40 off Douglas. I knew the runway was there, just didn't think about it until that B-1 landed right over the top of me. You probably could have tossed a rock up and hit it. Almost pee'd my pants. Tried to crawl into the floor board when the shadow of that thing blocked out the sun. You can't even imagine the roar of those engines. When one takes off, all of the car alarms in the parking lots go off.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, guys, so a little help for a newbie. I see that you all list your mods and such. I am only a computer programmer and I haven't figured this out. Tell me where you all go to modify your information to show all of this?

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts