Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Furious Fuchsia SRT8 . 57/400
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all I hope this is in the right section! Anyway, I live in south Orange County California and am from Northern California originally. Growing cup in the 70's and going to High School in the early 80's it was all about rock and roll. and fast cars. I lived in the country on a farm where a small town with one stoplight and 2 cops was the hub of school and friends etc. it was in Lincoln , where 8 miles to get home was no big deal traveling on tiny half assed paved 2 lane roads with a ditch a granite bank or a cliff was the option if you screwed up, not to mention the one lane bridges , we had 2 on the route and chicken was the only way to win the right of way to drive over them. Not to mention the roots that would cause ripping on a good left bank turn on the exit of a strait away run, in the dense fog with black Angus cattle that got out on a regular basis and like a magnet would go right for the road to stand in a stupid glazed over zombie state and wait for you to run up into them. I guess I'm trying to say it was a great place to learn how to handle a car. My first driving lesson ride was out 1971 Ford Country Squire wood paneled Station Wagon, yes it's true, the f'ing thing was like trying to keep a battle ship afloat on a white water river that was obvi way too narrow for it. Then I graduated to my Dad's daily driver of a 1970 VW bug. I was so stoked but immediately put double weber carbs on it and added a Monza exhaust, slot American racing rims with Kelly supercharger tires, I was all the rage in the cruising lanes, hell we even cut the seatbelts out because they would ruin the look of the Van Halen concert T Shirt being used as a seat cover...lol...wow those were the days. So non that I am saying I can drive like a mo fo, I got a 1073 Datsun 240 Z in 1984 and ran the shit out of Autocross in it and kick myself for selling that car as they are worth some bucks today. I opted to upgrade to a brand new Pontiac Firebird , 1986 , the first year they made the Cyclops tail lights. Oh she was pretty red on black, even though just a V6 she had some go. I couldn't afford the bigger badder version is all. She got stolen when I moved to Los Angeles, she was stripped and on blocks when I went to recover the body...made me so mad but in turn took the insurance check and put pro car seats enkei blade rims BF Goodrich TA tires , a bra, the loudest sound system in it just to get T boned buy a moron in Hollywood,2 weeks later, his fault, it only damaged the driver side fender area but tweaked the unibody so it was a total loss....and to sweeten that deal I was lapsed insurance wise as well, yep...had to pay for weed I already smoked in a sense of the word, LOL So paying for a dead horse and still barely making it and carless may brother called with a 73 Pontiac Le Mans Sport Coupe with a ram air hood shielding the 455 Nitrious fed engine and needing...needing old school traction bars, it was my salvation to get back in the saddle, she was huge,like a catamaran on water drive wise but a great fast gangsta whip with a hesher flare. OMG...I have never written all this stuff before and its dragging way too long...sorry guys...anyway to make a long story short I am a girl that works on her cars, knows how to drive and wish I could build it to hit The Street Outlaw Level of fastness someday, until then I have the fastest whip in my town and haven't lost a light to light yet in my Furious Fuchsia SRT she is a quick little biotch. In that I will say I am happy to be here with my people and look forward to getting and giving tips and tricks to optimize the Challengers we drive , be smart, drive fast but safe and stay alive !! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,728 Posts
Welcome from the Bay Area ;) Wow, that was a mouthful! :D

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,039 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody
138 Posts
Welcome from NC and great story man, it’s always wonderful to look back on the good old days and then look forward to the fun that’s yet to come.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts